white coinmaster 6000/DI series2

anvil

Oct 15, 2005
I have this model and have no idea how to operate it,, many dials and knobs. I replaced the batteries and can get a tone when the mode knob is on either GEB Disc or Geb max. If i hold it over a metal pipe, i get no change in tone or meter at the top.. Is their a manual avalable for this somewhere? I live in Colorado near Colorado Springs.. thanks in advance

anvil

OP
OP
A

anvil

Oct 15, 2005
thanks for the quick reply,, am dl'ing as i type.. I got this from a grand man,and am sure he used it quite a bit. I live on a 100 yr old homestead,and am trying to find an old waterline,,where it crosses the crick. It is supposed to be near the surface at this point. I replaced the waterline this summer and am trying to plug this end!!

found the button on the handle,and it makes its sounds on geb norm and geb max, not as i first posted.. thanks again

anvil

S

SASQUASH

I have coinmaster classic III I have used for years I love it next to my XLT that is. SAS <><

sodbuster

Greenie
Jan 2, 2006
I found an old whites metal detector at a yard sale it is called a coinmaster iv(roman numerals)precious metal locator.Looks to be made in the 60s and is in excellent condition but has a totally different battery set up.One for a regular 9 volt and one for i don't know.It has the original red paper 1 inch square and 3 inch everready battery in it and dead of course but never leaked.How do i find a manual for this one?Or a battery packet.Model CM4,serieal BE 1004,Date k/9.
Anybody got a clue as to the date this was made?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sodbuster said:
I found an old whites metal detector at a yard sale it is called a coinmaster iv(roman numerals)precious metal locator.Looks to be made in the 60s and is in excellent condition but has a totally different battery set up.One for a regular 9 volt and one for i don't know.It has the original red paper 1 inch square and 3 inch everready battery in it and dead of course but never leaked.How do i find a manual for this one?Or a battery packet.Model CM4,serieal BE 1004,Date k/9.
Anybody got a clue as to the date this was made?

SCROLL above & Click whites Emblem.
then Click Homepage.
Put your Pointer on "SUPPORT" in gray.
Choose "Manuals" - " English "

Scroll down Probably to "OLDER Manuals"

Your Batteries were Probably AA's in Holders, that snapped on like
9 volts.

Rusted_Iron

Bronze Member
May 25, 2006
Corrodedlargecentville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you hold in the button, the depth finder mode takes effect, which is actually a motionless all-metals mode that can be used to find your object even if you don't know anything else about how to set the detector up.

Turn your detector's DISC knob all the way down. IIRC, if you have huge amounts of iron in your soil, use GEB Max, but normally just use GEB Disc. Put everything on preset (the arrow that has a P in it) except the DISC knob, which as I said, turn it down counterclockwise, so the pointer is at or below "nails" and well below "tabs". I think you'll want the DISC knob down around 2 or 3. However, a large iron pipe should still show up even when DISC is turned up to medium. Especially if the pipe is rusted. Like the other poster said, you HAVE to keep the coil moving... make wide sweeps, back and forth. UNLESS you hold in the button to get that non-disc / depth finder mode. That works even when not moving.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread