cant decide need help!

twitchmn

Jan 4, 2009
well i ve ben coin and jewelry hunting for a year now with my bounty hunter shrapshooter and i think its time to upgrade because for some reason i cant find any silver coins AT ALL!!!!! I have tried every where you can think of and nothing. all i have found thats old is two wheats from the 50's and a 42 canada penny. This is rediculas! after a year i think i would have found something good at all the beaches, parks, feilds, and yards ive searched but nothing. So i have decided to upgrade to something better. I have two choices right now that i want etheir a MXT or a M6. Whitch is better? If you were me what one would you buy. I am leaning tword the MXT but i dont have much money cause im only 14. so i hope one of the finds with ethier one of these detectors will pay for its self.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember , you can't find what isn't there. I would get the MXT .

R

RUDY2003

I think the M6 is the best for the price. I've had mine for a couple of years now..

Keep safe...

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The MXT is a great all around machine. it may cost a little more but it will pay for itself many times over. I just recently got the DFX 300 and was talking to the dealer about a Whites Prizm 6T for my wife. I was amazed how powerful this machine is and very light weight. It was so easy to use my wife really liked it. Compared to the M6 I would take the 6T hands down. They both cost the same but the 6T has a relic mode and also a beach mode. If you have a dealer nearby that keeps them in stock go let them explain each one to you. Everybody has different likes and dislikes about metal detectors. Listen to what everybody has to say and see what works best for you. If you can afford the MXT I would recommend getting it. If not I would seriously look at the Prizm 6T over the M6.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
We have a M6 and for beaches and parks, it's top notch! My girlfriend has been amazing with this machine and she hasn't fully learned it yet. If you want to relic or gold hunt, then go with the MXT. But for the money, simplicity and from what I have seen, the M6 is killer for beaches and parks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread