my IDX (trail run) & CLassic SL III (5 yr exp)

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
my IDX (trail run) & CLassic SL III (5 yr exp)

Just got a IDX /SL almost new condition. I've been using a White Cassic III SL ( among others ) . What I found out from 40 min's on a play ground. 1st off I thought that the Cl III exp would beneifit me in the use of the IDX which it did / operation wise! Being a big fan of : 1) beep & dig (no meter used normally/ have owned and used some metered digital units White's/&/Garrett's) 2)turn the discrim knob to qualify or disqualify a target 3) or dig-it.
I carried this practice on to the IDX and quickly found that I was not turning the discrim knob! I noticed that the meter was dead on . My IDX was set on preset for the freq / 9:00 on the discrim setting and sen set at 2:00 past preset pt/ norm on th sand switch with no headphones /use-m most of the time( to hot down here ).
Example of the settings : A nickel was heard and seen on the meter / it was a nickel a foot or 2 away / nickle on the meter with a slight tone chg in all direction I decided it was not a nickel by tone and it turned out to be a pull tab. I found a fair amt of coins (16) alot in this area and very little junk and I dug every thing and never chg'd my discrim setting the entire time! All finds were tested for tone chg and was the meter right !
Where is he going with is . Old dogs can chg! I can trust a meter after all! Thx's diggstown

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions