VDI FOR RINGS DFX 300??

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok I found my first ring today after a long spell. 99.9% of the time i dig pull tabs, when the dfx says ring/pulltab I took my wedding band off and the vdi is 44, but today the ring i found was 22-23 range under the preprogrammed settings, coin and jewelry. What vdi are you guys seeing when you find rings?? 20s. 30s or 40s?? Pull tabs are usually vdi 33, 34 Range??? any advice? i really want more rings and no pull tabs, atleast not 99% of the time.

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a tuff order. Rings, depending on size and makeup can cover the entire range you mentioned. If you decide to skip targets you think could be a pull tab then you will chance missing a ring. You might really be interested in the book, "DFX Gold Methods" by Clive Clynick, it is a great resource on the topic.

You mentioned that you are using the Coin & Jewelry program. Have you tried increasing your Preamp to 3 or 4 and your AC Sensitivity to 70 - 75? These settings will give you a nice boost in depth. Another thing you could try is hunting in all-metal mode (toggle switch locked forward) until you get a target signal, then pull and release the trigger to go back to motion mode to check the VDI of the target. All-metal mode will normally give you more depth than motion mode.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well there is sadly no way around that digging that I am aware about.
The one gold that I found rang in around 10-20. (air test)
But as some one said: "Location, location, location..."
A beach is a great place to try your luck, especially if you can go into the shallow water.
Easier to loose your ring, with all that stuff around; i.e. slippery skin, water and so on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread