Just bought my first whites BHID 300

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The lights are a nice toy, that you will find you won't look at after awhile. It is the tones that help the most. One way to max your gold ring count is to leave all the low tones and high coin tones alone and just scoop the mid tones which are the nickels, pull tabs and gold rings. Time spend digging pennies can better be spend swinging looking for the mid tones. :icon_thumleft:

This is one water machine that I don't have. I had an original and got rid of it because the coil floated and on the 300 the coil is supposed to be neutral buoyancy. I might get one again someday.

Good Luck,
Sandman

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
i really like mine...if i can keep from sending it in for repair. i just sent it back today for the second time this year. it was cracking where the screws bolt the box together. my guess would be it was over torqued and cracking where the screw heads rest.
neverthelesss i have found quite a few nice items with it and the detector is very easy to use. my mom even has one..
i dig all the yellow and blue lights but a few times i dug the red light / tone and found a few pocket knives..all on the beach.
well good luck and have fun with it.....i take my mom 1-3 times a week and we love them. :hello:

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
don't stress yourself over trying to get the thing to ground balance....put it at the preset and off you go.....i've used mine for 2 years now and have yet to get it to balance like a 'traditional' land machine...great rig though...can swing much faster than the minelabs and keep up with them in depth

OP
OP
thorny196

thorny196

Apr 11, 2007
Moyock, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Sand Shark
I've used it about 8 times already it works really easy and is very good at iding non dig targets. Biggest issue is in the surf falses alot and pin pointing . But I am getting better.

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
thorny196 said:
I've used it about 8 times already it works really easy and is very good at iding non dig targets. Biggest issue is in the surf falses alot and pin pointing . But I am getting better.
i get false tones also when the water hits the coil when i`m along the shore...
pinpointing is tough with such a big coil...i have to dig such a big hole to get the coil in there.. :tongue3:
i think i kinda figured out when i try to pinpoint -the object is toward the back of the coil where it bolts to the shaft area..not center.
mine is still off to repair but my brother is lending me his and i`m off to the beach tonight....i promised to share my finds :laughing9: i have to keep it up so my caluses from digging so much don`t get soft on me. :help:
well good luck with it and i`m sure you`ll find some great stuff! this machine finds everything...i have dug up some very small pieces of metal with it..as big as one of these letters.
mike t

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I broke down and got my BHID 300 from a local dealer. I won't order mail order again if UPS has to ship it. They leave packages at wrong addresses where you need to fight the claims dept and it usually takes over 6 months to get it fixed. I have taken them to small claims court three times for lost detectors and an Xbox 360.

Sorry about the rant..... ::) The 300 is chest mounted and this is much better than the original Beach Hunter. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread