4900D PRO PLUS question

CRAZY-TEXICAN

Jun 15, 2009
Carrollton Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Quattro MP , Minelab Musketeer modified , Tesoro Bandido II micromax , Garrett Groundhog , D-Tex Koin King BFO
I have 2 of these things and i really never detected more than a few minutes at a time with them since they are not my primary detectors , Last Saturday I took both to the park and both of them work great , the problem is that i it will only detect up to 6 to 8 inches deep max. This thing loves coins and seems to discriminate very well but the depth thing is bugging me a little .. Since most coins i have found are within 4 inches i guess its not much of an issue LOL!!

What do yall think about this model??

Thank you .
A.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is about it for max depth in some grounds and in others you might get a mite deeper. You can use a larger coil, but they also have their down sides.

outdoorsup

May 9, 2004
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900, Garrett Ace 250
I love the 4900, since it was my first real introduction to metal detecting. I bought one when I was stationed in germany, and found a ton of coins and military relics. It was a great coin finder and I'm thinking of bringing mine back out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread