6X10DD coil on my MXT and my first day coinshooting with it
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    122 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

6X10DD coil on my MXT and my first day coinshooting with it

OK guys I have to admit something here.........You all know I am new to the MXT as I have been posting some questions and all about it. Well I did wind up ordering the 6X10DD coil for it and man I have got to say I am really surprised with this particular combination. I had a real good day today finding my first silver half(Kennedy) along with a mercury dime, 10 wheats, a silver ring and an old Chinese coin along with 1.82 in clad. I have not had a day like that in a while. Everything was in the 7-10 inch range and the target ID was right on 95% of the time. I must say I am quite surprised at how good this combination is and am very pleased at how well the DD coil pinpointed too!!! I have never had a DD coil that dead on with pinpoint. I have used other brands with the DD combination but not like this, I had to just use the toe part of the coil and dig a bigger hole and prayed I did not scratch a coin(with the other brand). With this combo it seems just like a concentric coil. I am hooked!!! Just thought I would share my thoughts with you fellow T'netters!! Tim

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
    906 times

Re: 6X10DD coil on my MXT and my first day coinshooting with it

Congrats on your new coil should do well for you and probably won't need to take that one off much most use that coil 90% of the time HH.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2009
    Florida- Somewhere in the middle
    MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I know this coil is supposed to be a lot better for "trashy" areas, but how about the beach? Will it perform better in a salt environment?
    Sounds like you have a really good combo there.... Cant wait for the MXT....
    You never think you need an extra machine, until the one you have breaks down...

May 2008
    Linden, VA
    Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
    25 times
    Relic Hunting

If you like the 6x10DD try the 10" D2 I have tried every coil on the MXT and by far this is the best coil out there. goes deep, great in hot soil and pin pointing is dead on.

us
    Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    122 times

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch911
    If you like the 6x10DD try the 10" D2 I have tried every coil on the MXT and by far this is the best coil out there. goes deep, great in hot soil and pin pointing is dead on.
    Hey Hutch911.............how much weight did that D2 add to your machine? I had one for a minelab once and it added quite a bit of weight.............I also went back to the concentric one because of that too, Tim

Nov 2007
    North East,Pa
    Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
    19 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by bigtim1973
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch911
    Hey Hutch911.............how much weight did that D2 add to your machine? I had one for a minelab once and it added quite a bit of weight.............I also went back to the concentric one because of that too, Tim
    for its size the d2 is very light...probably lighter than the 6" x 10"...white's lists it at 17.9 ounces

us
    Jan 2007
    Mesquite Texas
    MXT F2
    13 times

Once I got used to my 6X10 it has been my main stay on the MXT. The only time it comes off is when I have to put on the greatest trash picker, the 4X6 or wide open spaces hunter, the Super 12. All in all the 6X10 has been my most versatile, relied on coil. Haven't had the opportunity to use a D2 yet.
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

us
    Aug 2006
    California Bay Area
    90 times

The 6X10 stays on my M-6 most of the time and I like the 4X6 for picking between trash and when working around weeds and shrubs .The 950 stock and the 5.3 are nice coils also but since I started messing with Explorers I have come to prefer DD coils over concentrics .

H H ,
    George

us
    Sep 2009
    Kalamazoo MI
    Whites MXT & Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
    18 times

Hi all, can i ask who makes these coils you are talking about here? are these all White's made or? let me know, thanks.

Chuck.

us
    Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    122 times

Quote Originally Posted by Tattooguy67
    Hi all, can i ask who makes these coils you are talking about here? are these all White's made or? let me know, thanks.

Chuck.
    Yea they are all made by Whites.........You can find them on their website, they are called eclipse E series coils and they work on the DFX, MXT and the M6............Some like the D2 work on Whites new V3 too, Tim

us
    Oct 2007
    Middle Tennessee
    XP ORX XP Deus
    122 times

Quote Originally Posted by dirt doctor
    The 6X10 stays on my M-6 most of the time and I like the 4X6 for picking between trash and when working around weeds and shrubs .The 950 stock and the 5.3 are nice coils also but since I started messing with Explorers I have come to prefer DD coils over concentrics .

H H ,
    George
    Hey George, what do you think of your M6? I have read alot about it on the Whites site and in their catalog but what kind of searching modes does it have and does it have tone ID in coinhunting mode? I have only read that it has 7 tones and was wondering how they are applied in the search modes, Tim

us
    Sep 2009
    Kalamazoo MI
    18 times

Thanks for the info Bigtim1973!

Chuck.

us
    Sep 2009
    Kalamazoo MI
    18 times

Hi again, am still trying to decide on a new coil for my MXT, i have been seeing lots of good words for the 6x10, but i have a problem, i can not see one listed with those specs, i do see the 4x6 which was mentioned as a good trashy area coil, and also the D2 which was what my dealer recomended, but no 6x10, there is one listed as a 5.5x10 Eclipse DD, is that the one you guys are talking about here? please let me know, and also what do you all think about the D2, thanks.

Chuck.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2009
    Florida- Somewhere in the middle
    MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
    2 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

If I am not mistaken, the 5.5 is the same coil as the 6x10...
    You never think you need an extra machine, until the one you have breaks down...

us
    Aug 2007
    Mechanicsville, VA
    AT PRO Sovereign GT WolfPack
    230 times

I've since sold my MXT but, when I had it the 6x10 stayed on all the time.
    Freedom has a flavor the protected will never know. Vietnam # 10 G.I Wolfpack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links