A good silver program for my DFX with a SEF 10x12 coil ?

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These programs can work wonders in some areas and not so hot in others so it is hard to just say, use these settings. If you are having trouble with VDI jumping around, clean out coil cover, fresh batteries and turn down the gain and AC sensitivity a might to see how that works. The larger coil might be the problem as it "sees" more ground.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Sandman ill give it a try and let you know ,when you say coil cover do you mean the bottom of the coil ? or do i have a removable coil cover ? on that SEF i dont think my cover comes off i only been doing this 6 months lol when i used my stock 9.5 coil i had no problems i found a lot of stuff but since i have put the new coil on SEF 10x12 and made some custom programs thats when the VID numbers jumped all over the place . Where i live its a strip of land maybe 20 miles by 13 miles long iam surrounded by salt water on 3 sides its a very old town it goes back to the early 1600,s most of the soil is farm land very rich dark soil almost like luminous very easy to dig if i don't hit a layer of Oyster shells always below 6 to 7 inches which seem to be everywhere out here for some odd reason . :dontknow: Thanks Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions