WOW, I feel like a big fat dummy now

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
My sister has an old white's Quantam XT with no charger. I though that I was SOL on it until I just saw on another board that inside the battery pack is just a bunch of double A batteries. Well, duh. Ok, so now I can go get some tomorrow and see if it still works. It's been in the barn for the past 3 years. I never even knew that she had it. I love my Bounty Hunter, but sometimes I feel like it's like a toy. I know that there is more in the places I go than just pull tabs and trash. I have found just a very few pennies, but that is all. I have the machine down pat now, so maybe I just need a better machine. Believe me, I have dug probably half a million holes, and yes, I filled all my plugs.......LOL

LaKASkill

Jun 2, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Awesome!!!!! Was there any signs of corrosion in the battery pack? Hope everything works out well for you, Good Luck. Let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
MZKITY62

MZKITY62

Sep 26, 2009
GENEVA COUNTY, ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
none at all. It was a little damp inside and I dried it all out and I won't put new batteries in it until tomorrow. I will try it out and let you all know how it goes. WooHoo.

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck............I hope it works like a brand new one for you!!!! Keep us posted, Tim

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Rechargeable packs aren't everything unless you are running a Minelab or similar.
I was dubious when I got my MXT because it didn't have rechargeables however they are easy to retrofit.
I haven't bothered because I have done about 15 hours with the alkalines and it still reads 11 volts on start up.
Good luck with the Quantum MZKITY

The Cat

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
MZKITY62 said:
My sister has an old white's Quantam XT with no charger. I though that I was SOL on it until I just saw on another board that inside the battery pack is just a bunch of double A batteries. Well, duh. Ok, so now I can go get some tomorrow and see if it still works. It's been in the barn for the past 3 years. I never even knew that she had it. I love my Bounty Hunter, but sometimes I feel like it's like a toy. I know that there is more in the places I go than just pull tabs and trash. I have found just a very few pennies, but that is all. I have the machine down pat now, so maybe I just need a better machine. Believe me, I have dug probably half a million holes, and yes, I filled all my plugs.......LOL

It's been it a barn for three years stored with the batteries? Do yourself a favor and send it into White's for a checkup. The batteries may be the least of your worries.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, Great Find and in a barn ! Do you have a picture of this great marchine ? can we see it ? . Go and Get those coins. Coin Finder

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send it in to Whites for any repairs. Even thought it is out of warranty they might bring it up to date free like Tesoro does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread