Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets start by saying ive had some really good finds since i started detecting in May of this year iam not complaining but i still got a lot to learn about my DFX like simple things keeping my coil covers clean and once in a while taking them off and washing the coil , but who knew ? not me i thought i had to buy a coil cover separate i didnt know since May each coil has one already ,well a friend of mine who has the Whites Vison 3 asked me when did i last took off my covers huh ?? i said :icon_scratch: well he showed me they come off and OMG !! the dirt inside i should be ashamed of my self no wonder my numbers have been all over the place plus reading overload a lot , its all cleaned now and you know what my detector is like new again :hello2: iam going to take off the 10x12 sef and put the stock 9.5 on for tomorrows hunt with a new silver program . It just goes to show you it takes time and other people sometimes to get it right . Live n learn
Jim HH

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an awful lot to learn about this hobby and when you throw in all the different types of detector the fun just mulitplies. Never stop reading all you can as it helps when your not swinging the coil.

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
There is an awful lot to learn about this hobby and when you throw in all the different types of detector the fun just mulitplies. Never stop reading all you can as it helps when your not swinging the coil.
Thanks and your right , since i will have all winter froze in to read again like last winter which i went nuts deciding what detector to buy i think i choose well DFX i got a queston for ya ? other then protecting the coil does removing the coil cover give any more depth ? or it dosent matter ? i see you have quit a collection of swingers !! if anyone knows its you i bet plus i was thinking to get the new Whites coin shooter for 180 bucks any insight on that, its for a kid for Xmas . Jim :read2: Thanks again HH

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When I am done hunting each day I always remove the coil cover and clean the coil and cover. Also wipe off any dust or dirt on the machine. My machine looks like the day I bought it and I plan on keeping it a while. If you take care of your machine it will take care of you. I also remove the battery when not in use.

detectbug

Feb 16, 2010
Hmmmmm, good info for me as will, never thought about keeping the coil and the protector clean, as I go almost every
day, how it could effect your detector, makes since, thanks for the advice :icon_thumright:

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
I run a bead of silicone around the rim of my coil covers, otherwise you'd almost have to remove the cover everytime you hunt to clean it.
HH John

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All our coils covers are siliconed onto the coil. With the desert soils we encounter we would have to remove and empty alot if we diden't have silicone.

silvestor

Mar 2, 2008
Chautauqua County, New York
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT w/Sun Ray Invader XL-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Spooky your ARE MEAN !!! :laughing7:

The foil was bad enuff but to tell the guy .."every ten minutes ya gotta ...." :P

Bet he doesn't turn his back on you much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions