Love, Love, LOVE my good old XL Pro!

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like mine

And when set up with a BM600 or 5.3 Blackmax or BullsEye 6" coil it's really a great detector. With the small coils you can turn the signal balance up to about 3:00 on the dial past the preset, and with this set-up you can SLOW your sweep speed down some.

The hotter signal balance setting works well with the 6" coils and you will not lose much depth compared to the stock 950 coil. This is a perfect way to work those trashy sites with a slower sweep speed. Just make sure you ground balance it afterwards with a slightly positive setting with no fold over. If you get the fold over just reduce signal balance some until you can establish a good G/B............Then lock the G/B. Good hunting!

kidcentavo

Greenie
Dec 3, 2007
Use mine every weekend, in the most God forsaken, rusted, decomposed, iron junky, areas in this country, and it seperates good stuff from trash, the majority of the time, with very slow sweep speeds, coil to the ground, overlapping sweeps, and the correct coil.

VIVA, old XL PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
I used to love my old Pro until I got one with the tone mod.Now I can't imagine using anything else!I still have the stock one for a back-up.DBULL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread