Whats up with Whites customer service nowadays???

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign,Ace 250,White's DFX, custom made waterproof detector
What's up with White's customer service nowadays???

I recently bought a white's 5900di pro off ebay that the seller claimed worked perfectly.When I received it it wouldn't detect metal.I tried different coils I had and nothing.He said to send it back to him and as soon as he had the tracking info he would refund my money...well he didn't after I shipped it but that's a whole 'nother story.

I got it back today from UPS and opened it up and checked the board.The pot for the signal balance is broke off.I called White's about the price of one and the lady said she could send me one..I thought wow that's great!!I tried to explain to her that I just bought it and was about to send it to them for repairs when she cut me off in mid sentence and said "I will get that out to you" and then hung up!!!

Now before anyone starts ranting about how great white's is...I have been an exclusive White's user for about 10+ years and never had a problem with them before this.I just thought that was very disrespectful for a company that prides itself on customer service.My profession is best heavily on customer service and if one of my employee's did this they would be written up.Maybe it's time to check out another company??I don't know.

randyalbin

Sep 24, 2007
Flat Rock, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's 5900 CB,XL Pro,IDX Pro,MX5,Tesoro's Bandido,INCA,OutLaw,Tiger Shark,Toltec ll,Toltec 100,Troy Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's up with White's customer service nowadays???

I would be more upset with the 'seller' than the employee at Whites.

Me........I would just call White's back and explain the situation, but the seller should be responsible for repair costs.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

About 2 years ago or less i called Whites about the serial number on a detector i got to see about when it was made. And it used 2 differnt coil covers and i also wanted to know what coil cover i should get for it. And she got weird on me and cut me short. WHAT did i do sold all Whites i had and never thought about buying another. IT WAS GOOD BY WHITES FOR EVER>.. :angry4: :angry5: :cussing:

Attachments

• bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 447
  • bunny-dance.gif
    bunny-dance.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 440
OP
OP
D

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used

I don't know about the same lady but I have loved White's detectors and the only other brand I have used since I got serious with detecting was an Ace 250..I just can't figure out why she cut me off then hung up immediately after her statement.

And about the seller on ebay..I have filed a claim against him for a partial refund so we will see where that goes..

OP
OP
D

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used

Yeah...I filed the claim last week and the seller still hasn't responded to it..

It's a beautiful detector..hardly a scratch on it...Just won't detect metal... :laughing7:

OP
OP
D

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used

Well I can't say I've been exclusive to White's..I just took a bounty hunter I picked up at a yard sale last year for $10 and made it waterproof.I have been using it until I got the 5900Di Pro.

OP
OP
D

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with it..one of the pots is broke inside..the one for the signal balance so I am pretty sure that's where the problem lies...will know more when i receive the one from White's and install it.

OP
OP
D

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used

Yep...hopefully when i put the new one in it will take care of the problem and I can get back to searching with a good machine again.

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Can someone enlighten me as to how White's is organized with their various US regions? Are these company owned or franchise distributers? Does each region have it's own repair facilities? Do the regional centers report to the Sweet Home office in case of problems?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Jimbog said:
Can someone enlighten me as to how White's is organized with their various US regions? Are these company owned or franchise distributers? Does each region have it's own repair facilities? Do the regional centers report to the Sweet Home office in case of problems?
I think if you go any were but Sweet Home OR .......they are franchise. For if you call a whites any were but sweethome they will charge you for a manual a instruction video a calander I fyou call Sweet home they will send you one free. But don't call the sweet home 800 number that will put you in touch with the franchise in your area.Then you pay.....

Rusted Nail

Jan 28, 2010
Nord Dakota Der A
Detector(s) used
Old Relic/Garrett -ADS Master Hunter- Deepseeker/ Whites - Coinmaster

Not sure about their customer service as I ordered a new Coinmaster online , got it in like 4 working days 14 bucks freight, Received an e-mail thanking me of my purchase and contact info. Packaged with the detector was a listing of Service and return addresses near by, Detector shipped from OR, but was instructed to use local distributor for repairs. Sweet detector I'm happy with my purchase, ::)

TabWhisperer

Mar 17, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
TDI SL, Equinox800, Whites XL Pro w/tone mod, Makro Racer, Whites IDX Pro w/Bills mods
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I've always been very happy with their service. I was just wondering who I was really dealing with outside of Sweet Home.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Rusted Nail said:
Not sure about their customer service as I ordered a new Coinmaster online , got it in like 4 working days 14 bucks freight, Received an e-mail thanking me of my purchase and contact info. Packaged with the detector was a listing of Service and return addresses near by, Detector shipped from OR, but was instructed to use local distributor for repairs. Sweet detector I'm happy with my purchase, ::)
From what i understand it cost more to get repairs if you send it to your local distributor than if you send it to Sweet Home OR.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2

To each his own but my job depends heavily on quality customer service, that being said I don't think I would quit on a company that has served me well for many years because of one bad experience with one person in the company. Almost all you ever hear about Whites is how great the customer service is. People like that in her position are usually found out and moved or fired.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

As A dealer for Whites, I can say that this lady's performance is never acceptable! It woould help if you knew her name...... if you do or can find it out... I will get you who to call to address this... White's is a class act and once the proper people are aware of this, you will get 100% satisfaction!

OP
OP
D

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used

Not sure who she was..called the sweet home number and was connected to her when I asked about the price of the part I needed.I love White's as a company and their products are second to none.I hate to say anything bad about them,especially on a forum,but I wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar incident lately with them.

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

What number did you dial?......

hawk-run

Feb 24, 2010
I am from Gods Country
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Garrett ACE 250 & Pro Pointer

RWJR13 said:
What number did you dial?......
The only number i ever call is 541-367-6121 i won't call the 800 numbers i go right to the factory.

OP
OP
D

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used

That's the number I called..said I needed a price on a part and was transferred to this lady.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions