Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Differences between 10" DD coils

Anybody have any info on the difference between the White's D2 10" double-D coil and the same size model by Excelerator?

I mean, besides the $100+ price difference? ???

And... while I'm asking, would I gain anything over the 6x10 Eclipse coil? Overall, I've been very disappointed with its performance.

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Differences between 10" DD coils

From what i've read the Excellerator line(an aftermarket brand) is hit or miss with quality...that said, when white's first produced their D2 coils they had shielding issues that required the coils to be sent back....if you buy used make sure you do not get one of these....i have an m6 and when i put the D2 coil on it it was like a new machine...cannot say enough good things about it....depth, target seperation and pin pointing are superb

jcooking

Feb 28, 2010
Montana
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro, Sunray X-1 probe
Garrett AT Gold

I have experience with the 6x9 and the excelerator 10" DD coil. target separation is very similar, 10"DD goes deeper than the 6x9, but gets me more bottle caps. IMHO the 10"dd is a superior coil ( I sold my 6x9 and haven't regretted it)
HH!

OP
OP
Phillip_in_NM

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks, I'll probably go for the less expensive model through KellyCo. I would think they would cover any difficulties I might have with the coil. Thanks for the input!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread