Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

pistolpete

Jan 23, 2006
Fort Erie,Ontario,Canada
Detector(s) used
1280,excal,pi pro,sea hunter 2,x terra 70
Re: White's Dual Field PI

I bought one of these machines last summer and it blows all my other water machines away! I have used the excal, 1280, sea hunter mark 2, surf pi pro, tiger shark, and beach hunter id so I can make an educated comparison regarding the dual field. I use the machine in fresh water exclusively while hookah diving and dig consistently below 18". With the controls set at the pre-set marks and the pulse delay just barely turned on, very deep targets respond with just a rise in the threshold. The area I hunt is very clean and void of trash so this machine is a pure joy to use because I know that every target I dig will be old and valuable. I have it mounted on one of our scuba shafts so it is easy to work with. The only complaint is the fact that the coil is bouyant however there will be a new product released this year to remedy this situation. Be prepared to dig deep with this bad boy and rest assured that it is backed with the best customer support in the business!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

On a clean beach they are great, on a trashy beach a nightmare.....

OP
OP
ziphius

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field

I had always read about guys digging incredibly deep targets with this machine and after a few hunts with it, yikes, I realize they were right! :icon_thumright: I've been using it on a salt water beach that I know well and it makes the beach come alive with targets when compared with my Excalibur (now sold) and E-Trac (which is a pretty darn good wet sand machine). I even got into some waist high water during recent minus tides and dug some deep coins. The gold won't be far behind I think. Definitely not a machine for trashy areas though and I will limit its use to in the water or sanded-in beach situations, which dominate most of our season in southern CA. Appreciate the tips posted here. :thumbsup: - Jim

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

That's it! I have contacted a guy selling one and I am going to pick it up tomorrow.
I just got down here to the "Treasure Coast" and am here for the week. I am looking forward to digging deep! I have two other old XL 500 pulse machines that I am going to be parting with that I may use a little. . . probably not after I pick this up.

I will be posting pics of finds good or crap.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ground Hog said:
That's it! I have contacted a guy selling one and I am going to pick it up tomorrow.
I just got down here to the "Treasure Coast" and am here for the week. I am looking forward to digging deep! I have two other old XL 500 pulse machines that I am going to be parting with that I may use a little. . . probably not after I pick this up.

I will be posting pics of finds good or crap.

They resanded that area this past spring, lots of feet of new sand................

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:

Treasure Hunter - Do you know beaches that were resanded?? Think I will Google resanding florida beaches and see what comes up.

I went out for a couple hours this morning. Found my first Roosevelt Half Dollar 1974 (haven't found one of these on land yet!), Looks like it had been there a while. Also found 5 pennies, 4 dimes, 1 whole pull tab, 1 half pull tab, two bottle tops, and 1 tooth with the filling(creepy!) Happy with the results. Can't wait to find my first gold!

Things I learned:

Tried hip mounting the unit but the waves would cause the unit to sound off. SO, I mounted it back to the shaft and all smoothed out.

The guy I got it from seemed like a straight up, nice guy. He used wire ties to be absolutely sure the clasps doesn't open accidentally and destroy it! Very cheap insurance that I will be investing in!!

I did have one target that kept falling through my scoop! I gave up after three times moving it! Thinking about picking up a sand sifter for these situations. Any suggestions?

I hear complaints about the bouyance of the coil but I didn't notice it until I let go to try to find the one that got away and the unit floated to the surface. Didn't really bother me. It can't swim away!

Good Luck to All!

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Oops! That is Kennedy on the half dollar.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread