WHITES TREASUREMASTER AMPHIBIAN

srf2112

Jul 5, 2010
Santa Cruz, Ca.
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro w/DX-1, MXT 300 w/DX-1, Dual Field P.I., Excal II, M6, Garrett ProPointer, Pro-Gold HP's, Lesche and Predator force multipliers
When I was in the market for a water machine I looked into this machine also but decided against it after reading the reviews. Google "Metal Detector Reviews" and you will have some more info to make your decision from. Good luck.
HH
Scott

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a Whites Treasuremaster Amphibian and I believe I purchased it back in the late 70's or early 80s. Mine is permanent All Metal Mode but they made a TR discriminate model. It has only one adjusting knob, very simple and it still works after all these years. I use it in saltwater but you need to be either on the beach or underwater as it doesnt work well at the surfline in between. Not a PI, not much depth and I would imagine it must have sold very cheap.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this how you get to 20,000 posts?! Posting in 2 year old threads? I get used to it from newbies but from someone with your number of posts?

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Jason in Enid said:
Is this how you get to 20,000 posts?! Posting in 2 year old threads? I get used to it from newbies but from someone with your number of posts?
The truth is I rarely wander outside of the WII forum. I happen to be researching my old detector and I found this old thread on Google. It seems to be the only mention of my old detector and I wanted to start a conversation and share information about it..

I need to ask you a serious question. Why the hell do you care and why does it bother you where and how many times I post? ??? ??? I have to wake up to read this? Ill check back after work. I cant wait for your next reply. :tongue3:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Jason in Enid said:
The truth is I rarely wander outside of the WII forum. I happen to be researching my old detector and I found this old thread on Google. It seems to be the only mention of my old detector and I wanted to start a conversation and share information about it..

I need to ask you a serious question. Why the hell do you care and why does it bother you where and how many times I post? ??? ??? I have to wake up to read this? Ill check back after work. I cant wait for your next reply. :tongue3:

I'm shocked you took my post as an attack on you. Were you having a bad day when you read it? I am trully impressed by the 20,000 posts. That's a serious amount of online talking!

For the record, I don't think the OP was talking about the ancient "amphibian" detector. Most new people see the White's Sufmaster detector with the "amphibian" name on the search coil and call it by that. That's why I clicked on this thread, I thought someone was asking advice about a detector they were looking at.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yes I had a bad day and I logged on to apologize and that I should have just brushed it off. But yes I think your comments were uncalled for. I was not aware that I broke any TN rules or protocol by posting on an old thread. If my post here on this thread bothers you so much, I would suggest that you simply ignore it. You can read the date just as well as I. If you cant simply ignore it, then you could always use the ignore function.

By standing up to you, you have changed your tune to say that now you are impressed lol. Well thanks for the begrudged compliment but I spend way too much time helping other people on the WII forum and I will soon be retiring LOL. ( I have said that before) Over the years, Im sure I learned more than I gave.

Also thanks for getting back on topic about the TM Amphibian. You may be correct that they are referring to the Surfmaster. :dontknow:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Jason in Enid said:
For the record, I don't think the OP was talking about the ancient "amphibian" detector. Most new people see the White's Sufmaster detector with the "amphibian" name on the search coil and call it by that. That's why I clicked on this thread, I thought someone was asking advice about a detector they were looking at.
But do they call it a Treasuremaster? Looking back, the title clearly says "Treasuremaster Amphibian" so Im not sure they are referring to the "Surfmaster Amphibian II" that you mistook it for.. :dontknow:Maybe someone will see the thread and reply. I still love the old diving unit and surprisingly it still works well. Thanks for trying to help.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigcypresshunter said:
Yes I had a bad day and I logged on to apologize and that I should have just brushed it off. But yes I think your comments were uncalled for. I was not aware that I broke any TN rules or protocol by posting on an old thread. If my post here on this thread bothers you so much, I would suggest that you simply ignore it. You can read the date just as well as I. If you cant simply ignore it, then you could always use the ignore function.

You logged on to apologize and then act like an ass. What a tool. Get bent and enjoy life!

By standing up to you, you have changed your tune to say that now you are impressed lol. Well thanks for the begrudged compliment but I spend way too much time helping other people on the WII forum and I will soon be retiring LOL. ( I have said that before) Over the years, Im sure I learned more than I gave.

Also thanks for getting back on topic about the TM Amphibian. You may be correct that they are referring to the Surfmaster. :dontknow:

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Jason in Enid said:
You logged on to apologize and then act like an ass. What a tool. Get bent and enjoy life!
I checked back in again to apologize but this time Im not changing my mind even after your namecalling. You may have just been joking and I apologize. My bad. I thought you were complaining. Misunderstandings happen. Thats life. I would delete comments that offended you if I could because its not good for TN.

Well I gotta go find some more 2 year old threads to post in. (Im joking ha ha) I still think the OP is referring to the old Treasuremaster and Im not starting a new thread to discuss it... Im curious to know if he bought it.

Buddy_TX

Greenie
May 25, 2017
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
CZ 21
AT Pro
AT MAX
Whites TR Amphibian
Tesoro Stringray
Detector Pro Wader
Detector Pro Priate
Tesoro Silver Saber
Garret S1, S2, S3 (TR machines )
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
I checked back in again to apologize but this time Im not changing my mind even after your namecalling. You may have just been joking and I apologize. My bad. I thought you were complaining. Misunderstandings happen. Thats life. I would delete comments that offended you if I could because its not good for TN.

Well I gotta go find some more 2 year old threads to post in. (Im joking ha ha) I still think the OP is referring to the old Treasuremaster and Im not starting a new thread to discuss it... Im curious to know if he bought it.

Don't take this wrong but the Treasuremaster and surfmaster Amphibian were and are TR type machines. I bought mine back in 1968 and still use it in shallow fresh water Killer on small gold. I have several of them and would like to find some more just for the parts.

Buddy_TX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread