Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine works great in wet and dry sand... I have the 6x10 DD coil on it though... But be prepared for the bottle tops! If it bounces back and forth between 1/10 cents and 25 cents, move it outside the target and slooooowly move it in towards the target.. If it is a bottle cap, it will show "Iron" just before it shows coin... I tested that thoroughly and found it to be 100% accurate.. It will save you from a lot of scooping..
Good luck!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My MXT just runs sweet as can be in sand ( vollet ball courts , an allong the river an fresh water beach ) altho I notice it likes to look real deep when it gets in the sand , but it does find things . And I run the stock 905 coil :icon_thumleft: HH Tank

lordbaltimore

Greenie
Feb 12, 2011
Northumberland
Detector(s) used
whites MXT and S.E.F. 12 x 10 dd coil,,Golden Mask 4 with S.E.F. 8 x 6 dd coil,,Mikron NRG 150 with 10 x 8 dd .
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Silver Surfer said:
Mine works great in wet and dry sand... I have the 6x10 DD coil on it though... But be prepared for the bottle tops! If it bounces back and forth between 1/10 cents and 25 cents, move it outside the target and slooooowly move it in towards the target.. If it is a bottle cap, it will show "Iron" just before it shows coin... I tested that thoroughly and found it to be 100% accurate.. It will save you from a lot of scooping..
Good luck!
,,,hiya guys,,do you know if the m 6 works the same,,or is it best to pay the extra for the mxt??? rgds

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Surfer said:
Good luck!

Wow, Great tip. I will have to remember that.
Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread