Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jun 2010
    PA/UT
    Whites MXT

MXT in Dry sand?

Going to give the MXT a try at the beach tomorrow. How do they compare in dry sand?
    "Choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil" Jerry Garcia

us
    Jan 2007
    Mesquite Texas
    MXT F2
    7 times

Re: MXT in Dry sand?

Works awesome in dry sand, purrs like a kitten. Can be pretty erratic in saltwater wet sand without a DD coil.
    FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2009
    Florida- Somewhere in the middle
    MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Mine works great in wet and dry sand... I have the 6x10 DD coil on it though... But be prepared for the bottle tops! If it bounces back and forth between 1/10 cents and 25 cents, move it outside the target and slooooowly move it in towards the target.. If it is a bottle cap, it will show "Iron" just before it shows coin... I tested that thoroughly and found it to be 100% accurate.. It will save you from a lot of scooping..
    Good luck!
    You never think you need an extra machine, until the one you have breaks down...

us
    May 2009
    Yuma Az
    Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
    37 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

My MXT just runs sweet as can be in sand ( vollet ball courts , an allong the river an fresh water beach ) altho I notice it likes to look real deep when it gets in the sand , but it does find things . And I run the stock 905 coil HH Tank
    Building my wealth one pull tab at a time Tank69

gb
    Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
    Mine works great in wet and dry sand... I have the 6x10 DD coil on it though... But be prepared for the bottle tops! If it bounces back and forth between 1/10 cents and 25 cents, move it outside the target and slooooowly move it in towards the target.. If it is a bottle cap, it will show "Iron" just before it shows coin... I tested that thoroughly and found it to be 100% accurate.. It will save you from a lot of scooping..
    Good luck!
    ,,,hiya guys,,do you know if the m 6 works the same,,or is it best to pay the extra for the mxt rgds

us
    Feb 2008
    N. Calif
    Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
    56 times

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
    Good luck!
    Wow, Great tip. I will have to remember that.
    Thanks

Sponsored Links