Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

May 2005
    Maine
    Minelab Etrac Fisher F75 SE
    29 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

dfx imput

Hi all I was wondering just how hard it is to operate the dfx. I hear some people say that it is very hard to operate and get the hang of. And I know alot of you use it and love it. I have a garrett 2500gti and am not really impressed with it. It in my opinion does not get the depth that it should. So I am looking to buy another I have narrowed it down to the dfx or the explorer 2. Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck.

Jul 2006
    S.E. kansas
    whites dfx garrett gtp 1350

Re: dfx imput

Never had a explorer II,but did have the quattro.Hated it had to go so slow and going over any trash it nulled out, took forever toget going again.I'veheard the explorer is a little fater than the quattro,lbut still plenty slow.Traded for a DFX and love it,faster sweep speed and overall better machine.Quattro and explorer are made from plastic and are very heavy,dfx is steel for control box and is quite a bit lighter.Have found lots oftargets my quattro missed.I think depth is pretty much the same.Overall just likethe dfx better...more adjustments haop this helps...let me know what you decide........relikhunter

May 2006
    6 times

Re: dfx imput

DFX is the way to go. It's true about the minelabs being slow to recover from a null on trash and you must search slow.
    The DFX is TOTALLY customizable to YOUR way of hunting. Had mine for 2 years and have found thousands of dollars worth of stuff with it. From old Colonials to gold jewelry, the DFX does it all.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links