Whites Beach hunter Id

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
First off I really like it ( its a true gold finding machine)
Its waterproof to 25 feet which makes it perfect for lakes or snorkeling at the beach or surf hunting (not scuba)

The batteries seem to last up to 2 complete days so I change them after a long weekend, they might last longer but i don't chance it

It has great depth I have dug up stuff at about 10 inches
3 Controls - Threshold, Sensitivity, and Ground - plus toggle between All-Metal and Motion Discrimination

its a dual frequency detector

when its in Motion Discrimination you have 3 different sounds that identify different types of metal

the unit does seam to operate better in fresh water than salt but does work fine in salt if you keep it balanced

Drawbacks:
You have to ground balance it manually
its heavy for land use
the unit floats so you have to hold the coil down when in water
headphones are hard wired. you cannot remove (but you can flip them out ward and wear around your neck)
Price kinda expensive at almost 800 bucks

advantage:
because it floats you can let go of it and keep it tethered to you while working a hole in the water

overall I would recommend this detector, but only if you are planning to hunt in the water, other units would be better suited for land use.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This doesn't sound like a question for advice. So long as your happy with it, enjoy.

I had one of these to play with for awhile and didn't like the way the flat coil got pushed around in the surf. Trying to keep the coil down even with the bottom is more like work. Then the battery usage was to high and having to open the box with the electronics being exposed to the humid air and then setting the control box in cool water causes condensation inside which made it unstable. I gave it to my brother in law and went back to using the Excalibur with 17 frequencies that doesn't need to be ground balanced or ever change any batteries. LOL

HH,
Sandman

OP
OP
Will_detect4food

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
This doesn't sound like a question for advice. So long as your happy with it, enjoy.
No its not a question for advice thats why its posted under "Metal Detector Reviews - By Owners" but since you posted let me respond
I had one of these to play with for awhile and didn't like the way the flat coil got pushed around in the surf.
They make a Loop support keeps it from moving at all, (cost about 5 bucks) sorry I forgot to post that and Sandman256 is correct it is necessary
Trying to keep the coil down even with the bottom is more like work.
This is true but I have found that in deep water the machine balances so only in shallow surf is it a problem, however shortening the shaft also helps keep it down

And as far as changing the batteries, Well I know when im going hunting, I take care of that at home before i go, and they do make a rechargeable pack for rhis unit as well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions