Coin shooting with the TDI

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your videos Arizonaames. First video started with wind noise and then you had a lawn mower in the park. None of it your fault. I am learning how to make videos myself. I could never get used to using a PI in a park as well as you can.

Try to stay warm this winter. :coffee2:

Sandman

jrmat127

Nov 22, 2012
The videos are no longer available. I'm having trouble discriminating trash after following all the guidelines posted. I went to the park the other day and the detector went crazy with signals and producing a lot of similar sounds to that of silver. After digging up multiple trash items I figured I had some more learning to do, but all forums say the same thing. I'm just trying to find the missing piece here because after lowering the ground balance to 2-3 and switching to high conductors I'm still getting really strong signals from trash. I appreciate your help

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Are you running 25 micro secs? That should get rid of a bit of trash. GB on and balanced. If minerals are low then leave GB at around 3 and GB on and listen to the tones.
You are still going to get strong sigs from larger iron(that can sound like sil) and trash.

Just an opinion, I donot know much about the TDI

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't see the videos so I don't know where you were using the TDI. I have a TDI also and live in Arizona. I'm going to guess you were in Michigan as there isn't anything old enough here in the parks to bother using a pulse unit, a VLF will get enough depth but with better discrimination..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread