What case do you use to transport your metal detector in?

Mi$$ouri Jim

Apr 3, 2005
I am again looking for a good case for my XLT. I really dont want to buy one of those plastic suitcases that whites sells. So i figure I would ask you guys what you keep your detector in?

Hard case, soft case.... doesnt matter. Metal detector broken down or not. NOTE: I am not looking for a airline travel case..... just a case I can keep my xlt in while transporting it to a site.

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I keep mine in it's gun style soft case when not in use. If I where to travel long distances I think a hard case would be the way to go.

flintstone

Mar 12, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,FISHER CZ7A,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jim, Well i had the same thing going on. I didn't know what to take my medal detector in out west. I know how bad they do thing in the cargo hole, 2or3 big bad on top of my detector,all bent and broke, i could not sleep for a week. I wanted to go so bad, but just the though of what would happen to my baby down in that hole. I went to the good will store and for $3.00 i got a old electric type writer in a medal case, 2 bolts in the bottom and out it came, put in foam and it was grate, even had a key. You can stand on this thing and it still don,t bend. Went to airport, checked it in and my baby was as snug as a bug in a rug. Can,t beat it for taking your detector any where, even in your car it don,t get hurt. Good luck Flintstone

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the padded gun bag for each of mine. Anything else seems to require too much disassembly to transport.
What I really need is a way to easily carry all my extra coils with rods!

Napa Steve

Aug 19, 2009
Napa california
Detector(s) used
DFX 300 6x10dd DX1 Prizm III
I bought a hard case here on the forum, I have used it on two trips and it has worked great, I only use it when I plan on flying.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i use a hard case Samsonite i found at a flea market. fits both my GMII and GMIII, use two old towels for padding

Az Coinshooter

Greenie
Jan 5, 2007
I use the Whites padded bag that came with my detector package. When I'm just running around town from site to site I leave it in the bed of my pickup unzipped and opened up flat. I just lay the detector on it and drive sensible.

Happy New Year to all and many happy hunts in the new year.

Shooter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread