Tdi and pull tabs

below2doe

Nov 18, 2010
Hi Guys,
This is my very first post on this forum. At the moment i use a v3 and i am rapped with what its ability is. I have no idea how the tdi works so can somebody tell me if you set the discrimination to knock out pull tabs will you get some gold rings. Another thing here in Australia our $1 and $2 dollar coins are made of 92%copper 6%aluminium and 2nickle. As the aluminium screw caps fall on our $1 and $2 coins would it be possible to discriminate out the screw caps and get the coins.

Regards Below2Doe.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am by no means an expert with the V3, but can tell you that the TDI only reports on the targets conductivity and not what it really is. If you disc out pull tabs you will disc out about 90% of the gold rings too. The same goes for those screw caps as you will miss the $1 & $2 coins.

The best way to test for this is to find clean ground and see where the various items show up on your screen with various disc settings and note the numbers. Most small white gold rings show up in the foil range. This is true with all brands of detectors.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Good Luck,
Sandman

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
[mod]due to Uncalled for Comments
which were against forum Rules this Complete post was
Removed.
[/mod]

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Arizonaames, are you making nasty remarks about us again?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread