some information please about the MXT-Pro Ground grab function

kidcentavo

Greenie
Dec 3, 2007
the instruction manual is now quite clear as to exactly how this groung grab works. I understand WHAT it is suppose to do, but NOT when to do it...Do you initiate ground grab with the coil on the ground (which makes sense) or with it in the air??? Times when I have used it on the ground it does "settle" the dectors down, but OTHER times it jacks the backgound intensisty way up, and I have to re-balance the machine to ground.. Now it is possible I ran over a large piece of trash while trying to ground grab it, and that caused the intensisty to increase.... Soils conditions in my area run in the 70-to-79 all the time. Thanks for any info anyone may have... Kidcentavo

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time you need to worry about the ground grab feature is when your running with the track lock on, if your running in the tracking mode then the MXT is tracking the ground all the time so there's no need to use the ground grab feature. When your running with the track lock the only time you need to use it is when it starts getting noisy or about every 20 min or so. The track lock is when the switch is in the middle position, you still need to ground balance the machine before you lock the tracking though. You need to make sure your over clean ground when using the ground grab feature, the best way to make sure is to pinpoint over quiet ground and it should read 12 with no sound meaning its not picking up on any metal. HH

OP
OP
K

kidcentavo

Greenie
Dec 3, 2007
thanks wingmaster, printed off your advice,keepit with me in the field.. kidcenatvo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread