MXT volume

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to my knowledge, I have heard of guys modifying the MXT and installing a volume control knob, but if it is under warranty that will void it. I have had my MXT for about 6 months now and finally got a pair of headphones (did not like the noise level), but I did not like the dual ear muff so I now use a set of rattlers which is a single ear muff. I hated that I could not hear what was going on around me as I MDed. My MXT is my wife's/backup/friends machinge and is a great machine. I almost gave up my DFX to her on a swap but backed out.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only way to control the volume is to have headphones with volume control, that being said if you turn the volume down you could miss some faint deep targets. At least I'm afraid that would happen and its not to loud for me to deal with, the only time its gets to loud for me is when you hit an overload. HH

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
It is very loud and not adjustable. You can tape some foam over the speaker holes which helps but still pretty loud. I use a set of Rat Phones with volume control and a limiter which helps when you get an ear bashing overload signal.
One nice thing about the loud volume, if you ever get lost in the wilderness, just keep swinging over metal if you can find some, someone is sure to find you! ;D ;D

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This loud volume can wreck your hearing if you are using phones with out a good volume control. Using the MXT in a park without phone will have every kid and dog at your side to see what your doing. The Rattlers are good but I like the Black Widow's and look up and around me more often as if someone is sneaking up on you by the time you hear them it is usually to late to much.

OP
OP
A

Az Coinshooter

Greenie
Jan 5, 2007
Thank you for the info everybody. I will keep this in mind next time I take the MXT out for a walk.
Tin Nugget thanks for the advice, keep an ear open towards Arizona in case I get lost. :D LOL

Happy New Year to all and many happy hunts in the new year.

Shooter

Jerry Ga.

Oct 22, 2006
Coastal South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Classic Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tin Nugget said:
It is very loud and not adjustable. You can tape some foam over the speaker holes which helps but still pretty loud. I use a set of Rat Phones with volume control and a limiter which helps when you get an ear bashing overload signal.
One nice thing about the loud volume, if you ever get lost in the wilderness, just keep swinging over metal if you can find some, someone is sure to find you! ;D ;D
[/quote

Someone will either find you or you will call a bobcat to your location :laughing7:]

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that probably because the mxt sounds like a baby deer when you pin point and that will a track predators to your spot looking for some goodies.i had deer fallow me around.that how i know.

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a volume control box that attaches to you belt that allows you to run the wires from your head phones or ear buds down the inside of your shirt and use a coiled cable that attaches from the box( belt) to you metal detector which in turn takes the weight off of you head phones and place the pull point at you belt. It called a rolls HV6 volume control. You can find it at rolls.com. I use this as I have to use ear buds as I have a cochlear implant device and can not use head phones. It's a great volume control and can be use for any device not just metal detectors Just do a search on Rolls HV6 and you will find it under volume controls.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread