NEW RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES ????

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't try them but did ask if its ok to use them as I here they can at full charge be as high as 1.85V and the whites E-series can handle up to 15V, if you don't have a newer machine you should probably check first. I have the MXT and when I get down to 10V at start up I can hear a noticeable difference in the start up beep so at that point I'm afraid that I would be missing those deep whisper targets, thats why the regular AA rechargeables don't appeal to me as they are only 1.2V at full charge. When its at 10V at start up its probably much lower after you have been detecting for a little bit, most batteries will show more charge than they really have till a little drain is on them. If you end up getting some post back at how they work out for you, some people say they don't last any longer but that doesn't bother me as long as I'm getting better voltage the whole time. I usually change my batteries when they get to 10V so the regular batteries at 1.2V is only 9.6 all together, that just won't cut it for me. HH

brocifus

May 15, 2010
go, to rnb-innovations.com, been using this ion lithium battery for 6 mos last almost 60 hrs recharge in a hour

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
brocifus said:
go, to rnb-innovations.com, been using this ion lithium battery for 6 mos last almost 60 hrs recharge in a hour

You sure you don't mean rbinnovations? The other just comes up with "Under Construction".

THing4CSA

Aug 20, 2006
Leesburg, VA
Detector(s) used
I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi My Fellow TH'ers
Yes I have used the PowerGenix 1.6 volt NiZn rechargeable batteries and they outlast every battery that I have ever tried. These batteries will charge around 14.6 volts and after two days of eight to ten hours of TH'ing I still have around 13 volts. I have used these batteries in a Whites DFX for the past year or so. I just used them in a Whites V3i and went through four battery packs so have to see what is the problem. I am hoping that I might just have a bad couple of batteries and not a problem with my detector. I will get back to you all after my next search on Saturday.
Thanks
Dave

bandero

Jul 24, 2011
I'm very interested in knowing what the circumstances were when your detector unit ran short of "juice" after using the NiZn 1.6 v batteries. My limited understanding is that they're long lasting while maintaining voltage. So long as this doesn't hurt the machine, i.e., either the MXT, TDI or V3 units, I'd probably invest in them, but would appreciate hearing back at anyone's convenience what they report. Thanks in advance to your replies.

ken-la

Jun 27, 2010
genix batteries

:dontknow: Has anyone tried the NEW 1.6 volt r/b ( Nickel-Zinc ) NiZn 2500 mw fast charge too ( 2hr ) max what do you think good or bad...

batteries are 6 months old, first couple of hunts they worked very well, last couple of hunts the died within an hour
and i have not abused them, they have only been charged in a genix charger. i guess i will try the rbi batteries
next.

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are the 'normal' batteries and the 'rechargeables'. All 'normal' batteries discharge at a constant rate until nearly fully used and then they die quickly. A rechargeable has more of a curve to its discharge pattern. They slowly weaken from about half charge down. I have some Duracell rechargeables that I use and they work and save me money in the long run. However, when the battery indicator on my MD goes from four bars to two bars, I recharge them. Once I get down to two bars my machine begins to act a little strange. The discriminator is less definite in its findings. I have a little more trouble isolating the targets. The depth readout will often show twelve inches for objects an inch down. The MD gets irratic before the batteries run dead. This is true in any use of rechargeable batteries.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put together a 9 cell NiMh about 2 years ago and love it, I seldom use the original rechargeable pack that came with my V3i because there's no comparison for the longevity of the 2 packs. I can get no less than two good long hunts (12-14 hrs.) with the 9 cell pack and it's still charging up to 12.8 volts on the charger that came with my detector. I used 2600mA cells for this pack that I bought at a bargain on the internet, I still have enough for another pack along with 4 that I use in the headphones along with a 4 pack charger that I bought at dollar general ;D

http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87451&d=1332545043

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread