🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You should get several hours off a charged battery. There are two settings on that charger. Make sure you are using the right one. I put my battery on charger after every hunt. It will not hurt it to leave on for sevaral days. I can hunt all day and my battery never gets low. It sounds like you may have a bad battery. You may want to call White's or see your dealer.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ditto, call White's and they will make it right as it could be a bad charger or battery.

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
mlayers said:
I charged my battery up last week and used it for about 2 hours. When I started with it it was at 10.3 charged and I put it away and when I got it out today it was at 5.3 is this normal for the battery to discharge while it is in storage for a week. Or is there something in my detector that is draining the battery....Matt

Matt,

You have had that DFX for a number of years. My guess is the battery pack is going bad. The batteries, and that includes rechargeables, will not last forever. Without putting it in the machine, charge up the batteries and take a DVM check on the batteries to see what the charge is. Still leaving them out of the machine, check the battery again after a few days. If there was a discharge, then you know the battery pack is discharging and you will have to replace the battery pack.....jim

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Happened to me a couple of years ago, replaced the battery pack and solved the problem.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread