beachhunter id

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to MD, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I have had a B.H. ID for about 6 weeks and I am happy with it. I like the fact the Box floats, so its not under water unless I want it to be. I have read some complain that the disk floats, but for me its not a problem. A wrist weight can be hooked to the rod if it bothers you, but for me I have no problem with it.

I wear the box on my side hooked to a set of military suspenders and ammo belt, attach a bungee cord to the rod and to my suspenders to support the rod and take all strain off my arm.

The only thing I see that is a small irritation is that when waves break over the disk at very shallow depths -8", it gives off a low squawk. I have learned to over look it, as for me its not a big deal. I have used it on dry land and found a few coins (clad) buried 6+ inches deep so far. I have used it in a few local city parks and had no problems yet finding coins and other items. I have used it in lakes with the box under water and not one leak or problem yet.

One day I do hope to get the Excalibur, but I have no plans to get rid of my B.H. ID, as I want to have 2 good units.

I tried a few others at the Kellyco warehouse here in Orlando in the $500-$700 range at the same time with the B.H. by laying on the ground gold and silver rings, large and small, gold chains large and small and coins. The others saw the rings and coins with no problems, but some had trouble seeing the chains, the B.H. ID had no problem at all seeing the chains and that is what sold me.

Granted if I had the funds, I would have bought the Excalibur, but I was stretching it with the funds for the B.H. already.

Not sure if I have been of any help, and as I say I am a newbie at it, I just know so far I am happy with mine.

Marty

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whites Beach Hunter ID is a good detector. I had one and gave it to my brother in law since I was always using the Excal 1000, CZ20, or Tiger shark. The B.H. will find chains at high sensitivity levels, but at those settings it will also find bird shot and sound like a chain. That could make you waste time digging tiny things.

As was mentioned, the coil wants to float and it gets moved around by the surf. In fresh water there is no surf. It's also lighter to use on land in the dry sand and handles the wet too.

My brother in law is still wondering why it won't find rings next to nails, bobby pins, an barrettes. Excal's do, but they also cost more.

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread