What is Whites warranty like on search coils?

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is White's warranty like on search coils?

About two years ago I bought a new Super 12 coil for my MXT from a dealer that is no longer in business. I have no receipt or any paperwork. It worked fine twice. I then hung it up and didn't use the coil for for two years. I tried to use it last week on both my MXT and my DFX, it now overloads at anything over 2 on the sensitivity and won't pick up a penny on top of the ground.

My question is, "will they charge me to look at it or repair it? " I know White's has pretty good customer service, just curious about this one and any experiences.

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggit, I had a great experience with Whites warranty. My 950 quit working just after the two year warranty. They sent me a new one no quesitons asked. Give them a call and talk with them. I dealt with Sweet Home, Oregon, I would hope that the other Whites "offices" would do the same thing. I think you will find that they will try to help with your problem.

OP
OP
Diggit

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diggit, I had a great experience with Whites warranty. My 950 quit working just after the two year warranty. They sent me a new one no quesitons asked. Give them a call and talk with them. I dealt with Sweet Home, Oregon, I would hope that the other Whites "offices" would do the same thing. I think you will find that they will try to help with your problem.
o.k.. I'm sure it is a few years past two years but it is IMMACULATE. Like I said, I only used it three times. I'll give them a call in the A.M.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whites Is great, Give them a call!!!! If you Ever get a chance to go to Sweethome, Or. It Is worth the Trip Just to see The Museaum Chug and Red

They replaced My coil twice Once on the Phone They Sent A replacment!!! 2 nd time Then We Decide on a ROADTRIP Only an Hour Away And they replaced It And Made Some Adjustments To My Detector!!! HH Chug

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think even if they don't cover it under warranty and it can't be fixed they only charge a flat fee to replace it which is alot lower price than buying a new one from a dealer. Good luck and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread