Anyone tried the Detech 13" coil yet?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was wanting to know if anyones tried the Detech 13" DD coil yet and how it compairs on depth to the White's D2 coil, I'm thinking of getting this coil if I can even squeeze 1 more inch of depth compaired to the D2 coil. I've seen some info on the separation which looks real good for a coil that size but they wasn't finding any of the real deep stuff. Thanks for any info and HH

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I am using the Detech Ultimate 13"DD, it works really well and it's deep when combined with good setup allowing for max ground penetration.

ivanll

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply I think I'll be ordering one soon as I've heard they run pretty quite around EMI and the D2 is pretty noisy when around any EMI. A little extra depth would be a real benefit though as I have some area's that all the finds have been real deep to the point where I'm barely picking them up right now.

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll let everyone know if I get more depth as I just received the coil yesterday and I have some old baseball diamonds where an old school used to be that all the wheats and silver dimes have all been over 8"+ deep, so I think there are some just beyond reach right now. I'll go out later this afternoon if the weather holds out, the rain is on its way I guess so it might not be for a couple days though. HH

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for a little bit the other day, so far I can't see any depth increase over the D2 coil but it does run a little quieter. It seems to not pick up as much EMI and pinpoints very well, I'll be doing some more detecting here soon but the place I went had pretty tall grass, I did get a couple wheats and a silver washington quarter. The quarter was pretty deep and on edge but I think the D2 would have got the quarter and wheats, it does cover alot of ground compaired to the D2 coil though so you can cover an area faster with the 13" DD coil. Hopefully I'll be able to get out again this week sometime to get a better feel for this new coil. HH

OP
OP
wingmaster

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread