All Treasure Hunting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try and run +2 gain if there's not to much EMI, the D2 coil is awesome on the MXT it separates pretty good and has great depth. With the 12" loop it will be more difficult to separate targets in trash, a DD coil is better at separating targets where there's trash in the ground. HH

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try using alternate Relic Mode - Trigger in the forward position. +1 or so on the gain and Discriminate at just below a nickel.
You will get grunts for iron and good tones on all targets nickel and better.
Bury some coins and junk in your yard and listen to what it is telling you.

HH
Steve

cord

May 11, 2012
Hey Don. Hang in there. It takes some time. VDI# 77 or higher always dig. Also get a Garett Pro Pointer if you don't have a pointer now. Pointers Are a must.

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I try and run +2 gain if there's not to much EMI, the D2 coil is awesome on the MXT it separates pretty good and has great depth. With the 12" loop it will be more difficult to separate targets in trash, a DD coil is better at separating targets where there's trash in the ground. HH

I thought the concensus was the DD was bad on bottlecaps?

albertv

Jun 7, 2010
Hi Don, just set it at the presets and it should work fine. When you pinpoint make sure the sound is the loudest it will make when you are over the target and the bars on the screen are extended out as far as they will go. Your target should be in the center of your concentric coil (9.50 coil if this is what you are using) or dd coil will register coin where the lower rod attaches to coil. Hope this helps.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the concensus was the DD was bad on bottlecaps?

It does register bottle caps like there good targets alot but you'll be hard pressed to find a deeper seeking coil with pretty darn good separation, I can get dimes at 10"+ and have got some at 12". I use the D2 coil in parks that have been pounded since the 70's where most detectorist won't even go anymore and I can still find those deep silver dimes,wheats,and IH's these are pretty trashy parks as well. I set my disc. at 6 and run my gain +2 then listen for those real deep faint targets and bypass the shallow targets so I won't waste my time on the clad.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It does register bottle caps like there good targets alot but you'll be hard pressed to find a deeper seeking coil with pretty darn good separation, I can get dimes at 10"+ and have got some at 12". I use the D2 coil in parks that have been pounded since the 70's where most detectorist won't even go anymore and I can still find those deep silver dimes,wheats,and IH's these are pretty trashy parks as well. I set my disc. at 6 and run my gain +2 then listen for those real deep faint targets and bypass the shallow targets so I won't waste my time on the clad.

Just a question how do you look for those deep faint targhets and know they are good targhets? I have the same detector you have and deep faint signals just change the treshold signal but I get no VDI so I have no idea on what it's really down there.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll hear them not just a threshold change but you need good headphones the whites royals are not good enough for the real deep ones, I have the koss ones whites sells but you have to listen real careful as you can barely hear the wisper targets when mixed in with other targets and trash. The VDI is always wrong when the targets are real deep but the tone will be real good and half way repeatable at least but jumpy VDI and lower than usual for what ever it is, but if it sounds good and deep you want to dig it. Some won't even pinpoint then I just do a small wiggle to get center and alot of times once you open the hole up after you cut the plug the detector won't be able to pick it up anymore thats when I pull out about 12" of dirt and its usually a deep wheat or silver dime.

Meatmechanic

Greenie
Jun 4, 2012
Dover De
Detector(s) used
Mxt pro , whites pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want a headache and some great info get the mxt edge book ! MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions