Sierra Madre/ULA-3

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
Why is this unit described with two names? Is there a difference between the Sierra Madre and a ULA-3? Was the ULA-3 an export model? I have also seen a UL-3 too I think. Just trying to find out some more info before buying one on flea-bay.

Also, would there be advantages/disadvantages with using the Sierra Madre vs. TM808 or similar 2-box? Will be used for relics/cache.

Agraz

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2010
Center Mexico
Detector(s) used
arsenal
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello, I think the Sierra Madre is very sensitive, so I think it is for small objects, for tm808 is better for cache, but I think it is could only serve to sierra madre for chache with magnum force field antenna, I have that antenna and does not go away much sensitivity.

about model, later the company sold ULA-3 (yellow detector) was the industrial model, I think the name is staying the black model.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We have both. The 808 is far superior. It goes deeper and you can dial it down so it ignores soil mineraliztion. It will also give you an indication of depth.

The Sierra Madre does not discriminate. They designed it so that all the power just goes to the coil for additional depth. We use it as a pin pointer and to run up and down the walls of a hole. It will scream on hot rocks and any other kind of metal.

I would say if you have to choose go with the 808. It rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions