Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Biggest Baddest Lithium-ion Batt Pack Ever Made For Whites HP2900 mAh

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    RNB
    us
    Owner, RNB Innovations

Jul 2012
    So-Cal
    8 times
    Metal Detecting

Biggest Baddest Lithium-ion Batt Pack Ever Made For Whites HP2900 mAh

Just released the HP2900 mAh Li-ion Batt Pack for most all of Whites Machines..
    V3 V3i and the TDi Last for Days Not Hours Other Machines Lasts for Weeks and Months on One Charge!..... http://rnb-innovations.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RNB; Aug 20, 2012 at 09:15 PM.

Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    140 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    For the price tag you sell those battey packs I would rather charge my pack each day, anyhow I don't md more than 4 hours, and if I want to detect more well I would just carry a second pack. With all due respect I can't seem to justify why you charge so much money for a battery pack I mean a Li-ion 12V 3000Mah battery and charger can be found on the internet for $35.
    Kaliguy likes this.

RNB
    us
    Owner, RNB Innovations

Jul 2012
    So-Cal
    8 times
    Metal Detecting
    This is America and you can use whatever Batt Pack you want but when you make false remarks saying that you can Buy a 3000mAh 12.5v Rechargeable Batt Pack and a Smart Charger that will work perfect on the Whites Machines then you need to prove it instead of making remarks you can't back up..........
    Anybody that is using our Battery Pack will tell you how happy they are with this new technology running at 12.5 volts for days on a single charge instead of 10 volts for a couple of hours..
    Whites Makes one of the finest if not the Best Metal Detector in the World and if we can make it perform better than we have accomplished what we set out to do!
    Detectorist use many aftermarket probes and coils for that extra advantage we are the first to have that extra Battery Power so you can use those products longer!

Cost Comparison

Whites Battery Heavy Duty Batt Pack .. $79.95
    Whites NIMH Charger ........................$24.95
    Whites NIMH Charger Stand ------------$49.95
    Shipping..............................-.............$10.00
    Total............................................. ..$164.85

HP 2900 Li-ion Batt Pack and 2 hr Home Smart Charger $149.99 FREE SHIPPING
    AW 2200 Li-Ion Batt Pack and 2 hr Home Smart Charger $134.95 FREE SHIPPING
    If you want a 12v Smart Car Charger they are $39.99 FREE SHIPPING

These Batt Packs and Chargers are Availiable at http://rnb-innovations.com and Metal Detector Super Store - Kellyco Metal Detectors Kellyco is a Sponsor

Batteries and chargers

Best Regards
    RNB
    Last edited by RNB; Jul 04, 2012 at 01:18 PM.

Charter Member
    cr

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    140 times
    You are correct on one thing. We all can use whatever battery we like. As for making a false statement, please be wise and read what I have writen. I stated that in the internet you can find a battery with the same specs as the one you sell, with charger, for $35. I didn't say it was whites specific battery.
    I posted on another forum how easy it is to make your own battery pack using a whites original alkaline battery holder and have the performance of your battery with a total cost of less than $40 (charger included).

Unfortunately since you are a sponsor on the other forum my post was erased because in that forum you can't post "FACTS" you can just post things that won't go against you paying sponsors so no one can know the truth on a subject.

I am not saying your batteries are bad, not at all. I am just saying they are overpriced. I personally don't care to buy a rechargable battery at whites for 164 USD, I can make a battery pack for myself for 1/4 of that price and have the same performance of your AW2200.

If someone wants to know how to achieve this.... well send me a PM I will gladly explain it to him, I just want people, USERS, to understand that the long lasting battery performance, with "new technology running at 12.5 volts for days on a single charge instead of 10 volts for a couple of hours" can be done with much less ....

BTW I think that you can become a sponsor here too... I don't know if you will have the same priviledges as in the other forum but you can always ask....

us
    May 2008
    Whites Spectra V3i
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    i think the 2 biggest positives about this battery is that some folks im sure are not wanting to go through the process of making one. and maybe not trusting their skill level.
    and also, you can go out in the wilderness for a long long time and not need any electricity.
    im goin to arizona soon and will be ordering this pack for just that reason. so far the reviews ive read have been very good on their products. for me, the price seems very reasonable for what i need and the performance.

ill bust a lil review on my results when im bak from the trip.
    Last edited by supafly136; Jul 04, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
    RNB likes this.

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Has anyone used this product. Sounds like it might be ok.

RNB
    us
    Owner, RNB Innovations

Jul 2012
    So-Cal
    8 times
    Metal Detecting
    Google it

Quote Originally Posted by ticm View Post
    Has anyone used this product. Sounds like it might be ok.

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RNB
    Google it
    No thanks

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2007
    Tennessee
    White's MXT Sunray DX-1 Falcon MD20 Garrett Seahunter Mark II
    46 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have read a lot of good reviews on the AW2200 and think that this one will no doubt also get good reviews. I have to agree with norbyx that RNB's products are more than I want to spend. I would be interested in learning how to build my own pack. Otherwise, I will wait for competition to drive the price down to a more manageable level.
    The creeks are all cowards and run underground and whiskey is so scarce that you can’t use it to wet down dry jokes. –The Irish Lord 1897

Charter Member
    cr

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    140 times
    Ok I will write a "how to make your own battery" soon so you can all profit from it. I can tell you it will have the same performance and it will cost you about $40 tops.

us
    C'omon Touch It

Jun 2012
    Idaho
    Whites V3i Garrett AT Gold Bounty Hunter Platinum
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by norbyx View Post
    Ok I will write a "how to make your own battery" soon so you can all profit from it. I can tell you it will have the same performance and it will cost you about $40 tops.
    Please PM me some INFO. I cant see paying more for a battery then the cost of a nice coil upgrade and I would love to have a longer lasting battery.

Thanks
    norbyx likes this.

us
    Jul 2012
    Virginia Beach, Virginia
    White's VX3
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    No Thanks to RNB.

Reg

Aug 2007
    Pueblo, CO
    White's TDI, TDI SL, GMT, GM 4, MXT, Tesoro LST, Lobo, Bandido, Vaquero, Sidewinder, Fisher GB 2, GB SE, F75 LTD Camo, Minelab SD 2200, XT18000, Discovery Goldtrax, Cointrax, and too many others
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by norbyx View Post
    I built my own li Ion pack to fit White's detectors and it isn't as easy as it might seem. Just getting a pack to fit in the slot and not screw things up is or can be a challenge.

I personally used a White's battery pack and cut things away to allow me to use 3 li-Ion batteries. When done, it worked fine.

However, to do the job right you need to use quality batteries that do measure up to what they say they will do. Personally, I found most Chinese made batteries don't come close to their spec and quite often they will fail prematurely. So, I prefer Japanese quality batteries. This ups the price to about $10 to $12 per battery. Add $10 for the battery housing, $30 for the charger, and then add the cost of shipping and now you can easily be up to $80 or more and you are still not done. If you are smart, you will add the protection module which is at least another $10 to $30 depending upon the quality you buy. A wise choice would be to heat shrink the battery assembly, so there is another $5 to $10 for that material. Want to change battery assemblies in the housing you modified, then a connector of $2 to $5 or more is needed. '

Like I said, I have one of these units built up but I did so before I found out RNB was bulding them. Personally, I will let someone else build them now since they do fit nicer. Remember, if you build them up and wire them wrong, you will let the smoke out of the IC's, then the cost to fix the detector is another fun thing to add to the bill.

So, feel free to build your own if that is what you want to do.

Personally, I have been there and done that. Now, I am in the process of trying one of the 2900 models now. If it works like I feel it will, I will be buying a spare.

Certain personal issues prevented me from trying it sooner, but I finally got those issues out of the way and I now hope to give it a good workout by using it in my TDI SL or one of my other White's units like my MXT, GM4, or my GMT.

Reg
    RNB likes this.

Charter Member
    cr

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    140 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I built my own li Ion pack to fit White's detectors and it isn't as easy as it might seem. Just getting a pack to fit in the slot and not screw things up is or can be a challenge.

I personally used a White's battery pack and cut things away to allow me to use 3 li-Ion batteries. When done, it worked fine.

However, to do the job right you need to use quality batteries that do measure up to what they say they will do. Personally, I found most Chinese made batteries don't come close to their spec and quite often they will fail prematurely. So, I prefer Japanese quality batteries. This ups the price to about $10 to $12 per battery. Add $10 for the battery housing, $30 for the charger, and then add the cost of shipping and now you can easily be up to $80 or more and you are still not done. If you are smart, you will add the protection module which is at least another $10 to $30 depending upon the quality you buy. A wise choice would be to heat shrink the battery assembly, so there is another $5 to $10 for that material. Want to change battery assemblies in the housing you modified, then a connector of $2 to $5 or more is needed. '

Like I said, I have one of these units built up but I did so before I found out RNB was bulding them. Personally, I will let someone else build them now since they do fit nicer. Remember, if you build them up and wire them wrong, you will let the smoke out of the IC's, then the cost to fix the detector is another fun thing to add to the bill.

So, feel free to build your own if that is what you want to do.

Personally, I have been there and done that. Now, I am in the process of trying one of the 2900 models now. If it works like I feel it will, I will be buying a spare.

Certain personal issues prevented me from trying it sooner, but I finally got those issues out of the way and I now hope to give it a good workout by using it in my TDI SL or one of my other White's units like my MXT, GM4, or my GMT.

Reg
    My god it seems you work for RNB... with the numbers you have than it is obvious that eather you don't know what you are doing or know very little of batteries and what is needed to make them work.
    Ok let's make some numbers since you seem to like them. Battery Cost $15 Battery charger as low as $5 Heatshrink tubing $0.25 Battery connectors $2 Shipping of all the items $10 So total spend so far $32.25 Now if you have a battery holder you are basically done, If you need an extra holder that will make it $10 extra from whites, Let's put another $5 shipping for the holder makes a grand total of $47.25
    I don't see how you came up with your numbers, probably you buy in Harrods or some other fancy store where things cost much more.
    So I keep my statement on a normal situation your cost will be less than $40 to make your rechargable battery if you are willing to use the AA battery pack supplied by whites. If you don't than the cost might go to a Max of $50.... COMPARE that to $150+ of the RNB and I can confortably have 3 Battery packs ready for work with 2500Mah each and that would still make a total of 7500mah of power for the same price you are going to buy your 2900Mah.... I call my method a winner in any situation.

Next week I will be making a video on how to make your own battery pack, in the video there will be a clear explanation on where you should buy your parts.

Reg

Aug 2007
    Pueblo, CO
    White's TDI, TDI SL, GMT, GM 4, MXT, Tesoro LST, Lobo, Bandido, Vaquero, Sidewinder, Fisher GB 2, GB SE, F75 LTD Camo, Minelab SD 2200, XT18000, Discovery Goldtrax, Cointrax, and too many others
    98 times
    Feel free to build one that fits the MXT or more specifically, the TDI SL, and then post your specific's including where you purchased your parts. I posted my specifics and I would be happy to post a pic of mine. As for where I purchased my parts, quite a bit came off Ebay.

BTW, if you think you can buy the proper battery charger for $15 lets see the facts. The proper charger for Li Ion needs to limit the voltage and I have never seen one for the price you stated. A good quality battery is $10+ for the 2800ma or more ma. Yes, you can buy them for less but they are Chinese knockoff's. Been there, done that and won't do it again.

You see, I have already done this so I could use Li Ion batteries in my TDI SL.

I will be happy to take a pic of mine and post it. Let's see a pic of your's.

One more thing, I don't work for or have any interest in RNB.

As for knowing what I am doing, well, I assure you those who know the TDI well, know who I am as well as does most of the bettery known nugget hunters in AZ. In fact, Bill Southern of the Nuggetshooter forum asked me to write an article on how PI's work. That article is now well known world wide. Fee free to google "Understanding the PI Metal detector". I wrote that many years ago, but it still works.

As for the TDI, well, do a little research and you will find where I was the first one to build and use the single tone mode now called the conductivity switch mode on the TDI. I did this before the TDI even existed and pleaded with the company to add the feature to the TDI. Feel free to search the PI Technology forum where I Posted some specifics about this feature that I added to my GS 5, which, btw, was the foundation for the TDI.

Oh, others accused me of working for Whites and that is not the case either.

So, go ahead and build away. Lets see your results. Like I said, I will be happy to post a pic of mine.

I have been there and done that when it comes to building a working Li Ion battery pack for my TDI SL. Now it is your turn.

Reg
    Last edited by Reg; Jul 30, 2012 at 01:29 AM.
    RNB likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors