lostandfound66

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2012
southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
whites and Garrett at-pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites MTX, but I have a guy that wants to sell his DFX. Mine is 2 years old and his is 6 years old, but he doesn't go detecting much and has only a few hours on it. Should I keep mine or sell it and buy the DFX? This is my first Whites as I was a Fisher man and then had a bunch of Tesoros, I even had a Compass a while back. thanks for any advice to help me with this big decision. :icon_scratch:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The DFX has a considerable edge on the MXT...it operates at two frequencies. That allows better cancellation at the beach, as well as better discrimination, especially in iron-rich areas, using the correlate mode where both freq's have to agree before it gives you a target signal. The DFX is simply a more capable unit. That takes nothing away from the MXT, which is a solid performer within it's single freq capabilities.
Jim

ddaddydigger

Jul 30, 2012
NORTH EAST GEORGIA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
12 INCH SPIDER COIL
6X8 SEF EXCELLERATOR COIL
6 INCH DOUBLE D EXCELLERATOR COIL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D DADDY DIGGER HERE,MY FIRST AND ONLY DETECTOR IS THE DFX 300.TAKES A WHILE TO ADJUST TO ,BUT WITH THE 6 INCH DOUBLE D EXCELLERATOR COIL,I HAVE IN MY FIRST YEAR OVER 30 SILVER COINS,OVER 100 STERLING SILVER FINDS AND 13 GOLD FINDS,THE LATEST I JUST POSTED TWO DAYS AGO.A FIND OF A LIFE TIME A CARAT AND A HALF MENS 14K LARGE GOLD RING.THE APPRAISER SAID IT WILL PROBABLY APPRAISE FOR OVER $5000.00.HAPPY WITH MINE GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE
I have a Whites MTX, but I have a guy that wants to sell his DFX. Mine is 2 years old and his is 6 years old, but he doesn't go detecting much and has only a few hours on it. Should I keep mine or sell it and buy the DFX? This is my first Whites as I was a Fisher man and then had a bunch of Tesoros, I even had a Compass a while back. thanks for any advice to help me with this big decision. :icon_scratch:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The whites MXT is a great detector, I love mine, The DFX is a step up... no question about that. If you have the chance to upgrade... do it. It will take some time to get used to the DFX since it's not as simple as the MXT but once you do it will give you more than what the MXT can.
Now on the other hand if you dislike the challenge of learning a complicated detector than the MXT is your best bet. I have the V3i that is more complicated than what one would like and I love it but I still keep my MXT for my wife that dislikes technology and would never be able to understand a complicated unit.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Norbyx is right.......The DFX is more capable than the MXT and the V3i is more fun yet.

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get the DFX on the cheap I don't see how or why you would pass it up! I like my MXT but until I get a 10" DD coil for it I feel like I am missing stuff! If you are running the stock 950 eclipse coil then it's time to upgrade to the real coil for the MXT (the 10" DD). I hear over & over it makes the MXT a whole new machine! I also hear the 10" DD does better on the MXT than it does on the V3I! As soon as I find that coil used or new for $150(ish) I'm getting it!

JanThorCro

Aug 29, 2012
The Land of Captain Crunch
Detector(s) used
DFX

Starting to understand the machine. :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Whites MTX, but I have a guy that wants to sell his DFX. Should I keep mine or sell it and buy the DFX? :icon_scratch:

Keep them both and see if you like the DFX enough to keep it.

MXT or DFX.

MXT one of the best turn on and go machines created. Try prospecting mode on the beach.

DFX one of the most adjustable machines created.

You'd have a great 2nd machine either way...

I think it comes down to, how much time do you want to invest in learning the DFX?

:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread