Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jim in Idaho

Thread: MTX or DFX 300 ???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2012
    southern Indiana
    whites and Garrett at-pro
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

MTX or DFX 300 ???

I have a Whites MTX, but I have a guy that wants to sell his DFX. Mine is 2 years old and his is 6 years old, but he doesn't go detecting much and has only a few hours on it. Should I keep mine or sell it and buy the DFX? This is my first Whites as I was a Fisher man and then had a bunch of Tesoros, I even had a Compass a while back. thanks for any advice to help me with this big decision.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White GMT, DFX, Cinmaster, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
    587 times
    Prospecting
    The DFX has a considerable edge on the MXT...it operates at two frequencies. That allows better cancellation at the beach, as well as better discrimination, especially in iron-rich areas, using the correlate mode where both freq's have to agree before it gives you a target signal. The DFX is simply a more capable unit. That takes nothing away from the MXT, which is a solid performer within it's single freq capabilities.
    Jim
    Sandman likes this.

us
    goldcoin

Jul 2012
    NORTH EAST GEORGIA
    DFX 300 12 INCH SPIDER COIL 6X8 SEF EXCELLERATOR COIL 6 INCH DOUBLE D EXCELLERATOR COIL
    27 times
    D DADDY DIGGER HERE,MY FIRST AND ONLY DETECTOR IS THE DFX 300.TAKES A WHILE TO ADJUST TO ,BUT WITH THE 6 INCH DOUBLE D EXCELLERATOR COIL,I HAVE IN MY FIRST YEAR OVER 30 SILVER COINS,OVER 100 STERLING SILVER FINDS AND 13 GOLD FINDS,THE LATEST I JUST POSTED TWO DAYS AGO.A FIND OF A LIFE TIME A CARAT AND A HALF MENS 14K LARGE GOLD RING.THE APPRAISER SAID IT WILL PROBABLY APPRAISE FOR OVER $5000.00.HAPPY WITH MINE GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CHOICE
    Quote Originally Posted by lostandfound66 View Post
    I have a Whites MTX, but I have a guy that wants to sell his DFX. Mine is 2 years old and his is 6 years old, but he doesn't go detecting much and has only a few hours on it. Should I keep mine or sell it and buy the DFX? This is my first Whites as I was a Fisher man and then had a bunch of Tesoros, I even had a Compass a while back. thanks for any advice to help me with this big decision.

Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    140 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    The whites MXT is a great detector, I love mine, The DFX is a step up... no question about that. If you have the chance to upgrade... do it. It will take some time to get used to the DFX since it's not as simple as the MXT but once you do it will give you more than what the MXT can.
    Now on the other hand if you dislike the challenge of learning a complicated detector than the MXT is your best bet. I have the V3i that is more complicated than what one would like and I love it but I still keep my MXT for my wife that dislikes technology and would never be able to understand a complicated unit.

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1960 times
    Norbyx is right.......The DFX is more capable than the MXT and the V3i is more fun yet.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jul 2012
    Indianapolis
    Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
    385 times
    If you can get the DFX on the cheap I don't see how or why you would pass it up! I like my MXT but until I get a 10" DD coil for it I feel like I am missing stuff! If you are running the stock 950 eclipse coil then it's time to upgrade to the real coil for the MXT (the 10" DD). I hear over & over it makes the MXT a whole new machine! I also hear the 10" DD does better on the MXT than it does on the V3I! As soon as I find that coil used or new for $150(ish) I'm getting it!

us
    Aug 2012
    The Land of Captain Crunch
    DFX Starting to understand the machine. :)
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by lostandfound66 View Post
    I have a Whites MTX, but I have a guy that wants to sell his DFX. Should I keep mine or sell it and buy the DFX?
    Keep them both and see if you like the DFX enough to keep it.

MXT or DFX.

MXT one of the best turn on and go machines created. Try prospecting mode on the beach.

DFX one of the most adjustable machines created.

You'd have a great 2nd machine either way...

I think it comes down to, how much time do you want to invest in learning the DFX?

My ability to learn and grow may be my greatest asset.

Sponsors