Some help please!!!!!!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, Red here, am getting very frustrated lately, and am hoping someone can help. Is there anyone else here besides me that wears trifocals? I am having one heck of a time with finding targets, and then pinpointing, things get blurry, I lose where I'm at, and get headaches. I am also struggling with my balance and need a cane when I walk because of severe fibromayalgia, I also need to rest more, because my arms get very tired and sore quickly, I also noticed when I get tired my swing starts to arc more. So if anyone else is dealing with any medical issues such as mine, how do you get along, I sure could use some idea's, Chug is trying to help, and keeps feeling guilty everytime he finds something, like another ring today, and a cool knife! Thanks,

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok don't know why this is in the whites brand section but what detector are you using?? Some whites don't need to be seen for pinpointing you can achieve the same result just by hearing the highest possible tone pitch...

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok don't know why this is in the whites brand section but what detector are you using?? Some whites don't need to be seen for pinpointing you can achieve the same result just by hearing the highest possible tone pitch...

Red Swings A White Coinmaster Pro!!! Chug

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that is a detector I just don't know. I just don't understand the difficulty In Pinpointing since it can be done with any detector even if there is no screen or pinpointing feature. I have a Detectorpro wader and I am able to pinpoint just fine, maybe some good advise should be given on how to detect. I know there are plenty of videos on YouTube

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your coil is solid and doesn't have a hole in the center, get some white, red, or light colored tape and tape an X (1/4 in. wide strip) on the coil to help you pinpoint your target. I guess you could do the same with a coil that has a hole or holes in it. Hopefully this may help. Good Luck! :icon_thumleft: P.S. When you think you have pinpointed the object, stop the coil over the signal and circle your coil with a screwdriver.

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear noline bifocals that darken depending on the sunlight. I too use a cane while walking but while wading in the water I use a scoop for balance. If I fall over I just get wet. Trouble is on land where I need to probe with a screw driver or kneel. I have much trouble getting back up. On land I try to use detectors that have zero motion pinpointing, like Tesoro's and only pop shallow coins. Its fun and I don't have to lay on the ground and scoot myself along pushing the coil in front of me.:laughing7:

treeheathen

May 8, 2012
I cut a hickory stick 3 ft long and at least one inch diameter....went to lowes and got one of those big garden kneeling pads with handle hole.....chainsaw continous loop with d-ring.....dog muzzle with quick releases.....the dog muzzle goes through your belt and through the d-ring which holds the pad at your side...approach your target drop the pad and stick your digging tool where u think your target is....go down to one knee dig your plug...now u can sit one bun or two and dig at your leisure on the pad and if the ground is hard pound your digging tool with that big hickory stick....when its time to get up put that stick out at an angle and push up....u dont have to use exactly what i used to rig it all up...u get the idea...Im hurt too but where theres a will.....good luck.

OP
OP
Chug And Red

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cut a hickory stick 3 ft long and at least one inch diameter....went to lowes and got one of those big garden kneeling pads with handle hole.....chainsaw continous loop with d-ring.....dog muzzle with quick releases.....the dog muzzle goes through your belt and through the d-ring which holds the pad at your side...approach your target drop the pad and stick your digging tool where u think your target is....go down to one knee dig your plug...now u can sit one bun or two and dig at your leisure on the pad and if the ground is hard pound your digging tool with that big hickory stick....when its time to get up put that stick out at an angle and push up....u dont have to use exactly what i used to rig it all up...u get the idea...Im hurt too but where theres a will.....good luck.

That might just help, I do notice that I use my knees alot, and use one leg and my cane to get back up, or Chug helps me, especially in sand. I mentioned my trifocals because they are lined, I look through the top ones most of the time, but the other 2 are driving me nuts, I feel like a chicken with my head moving up and down so much!:laughing7: My fibro is very bad, and it affects my balance, so you figure I'm balancing on my cane, trying to figure out which lens I can see through the best, and hope and pray I hit something, and then to get down and dig then get back up, I fall, so then I lose my target, and have to start over!:BangHead: I greatly appreciate your idea's, and will be trying them out! Thank you! Red

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wear bifocals to see close. Can't see what I've dug without them and can't see where I'm swinging if I do wear them. Got a cheapie pair of bifocals at Wally world so I can take em off while I swing and put em back on to look at what I found. Definately can't wear them walkin down steps....or hills.

Maybe go to a place that sells glasses when they have one of them sales and get a cheap pair of bifocals...forget the trifocals for detecting. I owned trifocals once...never again. Yes it's a sacrific at some point but I feel safer with just bifocals. It's a shame that they are set up for whatever is the most common position for your viewing. Closest on bottom for reading without having to bend your head too far..midrange medium, far on top so you're looking straight ahead. Some sacrifices we make when our eyes go.

Al

Al

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
Deepskyal ... reference your bifocal problem. Do you also have the same problem seeing the car instruments when driving? I know I sure do. Darned bifocal bottoms are made to see at about 15" and the top is set for distance. Dashboard on a car is in the fuzzy zone no matter which position you are peering through. Optometrist told me trifocals were the answer. Tried those ... tossed 'em out after the first driving attempt.

My eyes are probably different then yours because I can wear distant glasses for swinging the detector and still see the meter readings since they are far enough away. For up close digging and looking at the finds, I have to switch to straight reading glasses. Just one more reason to not get old. Lots of stuff to carry around when trying to function.

Oh, by the way, I had to get the optometrist to grind me a pair of distant and near distant driving glasses. Makes for sharper reading of the dashboard instruments, but they are crap for map reading (my arms are not long enough). Wife does the map reading anyway. I can blame her for getting lost.

M

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is this what is in store for me, by fol-cos,cans,crawling to get back to my feet.O boy...

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
liftloop said:
is this what is in store for me, by fol-cos,cans,crawling to get back to my feet.O boy...

Ya betcha ... Yer day is comin'. We old timers have to rely on memories of all the fun times we had. Well at least as long as the old brain holds up.

M

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It can happen sooner than you think, or it may not happen at all. Enjoy youth and health while you have them both. I'm 51 and my balance started going last year. I doubt I would even try dirt hunting. I can hunt beach and surf using my scoops to steady myself.

Good for you for not giving up Red.

JanThorCro

Aug 29, 2012
The Land of Captain Crunch
Detector(s) used
DFX

Starting to understand the machine. :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread