Who uses an SEF coil on their MXT or DFX?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a detech ultimate 13"DD looking for more depth over the D2 coil, I didn't get more depth its about the same as the D2 coil but it seems to hit better on those deep coins that are sitting on edge. It does cover more ground per sweep but doesn't get more depth than the D2, so if your looking to cover more ground for a big open area then it would be a good buy and like I said it did give me just enough better signal on some really deep dimes on edge that I decided to dig them. HH

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I use the SEF 10x12 coil on my MXT PRO and will never take it off. Shortly after I got it a buddy of mine and I hunted a very old park that has been giving up some Barber dimes and quarters along with other nice coins. I was hunting next to a shelter because there was some huge trees next to it. It was extremely trashy. Pull tabs, bottle caps and nails were everywhere. So bad my buddy quit and sat on the bench and watched me. He was using same machine but had the 6x10 coil. I was having no problem with my SEF coil. Yes it was trashy but that coil has such great separation for it size I was hearing targets he could not hear. I dug several wheat pennies and a great token. He now has the SEF coil as well. I went back to an old park that I hunted very hard. There was one small part of the park where I found a lot of wheats and mercury dimes. After several more hunts I could find nothing. I went back with the new coil and dug several more wheats and dimes. They were deep but it seemed like I never hunted it before. Also found a silver ring. The D2 and 6x10 are still great coils and I have them but they just sit in my bag as back ups.

OP
OP
bigtim1973

bigtim1973

Oct 12, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear this about the 12X10 SEF. I just received one in a package deal. I am happy to see the positive results!!!!! Thanks for the input!!! Tim

Jim in PA

Greenie
Oct 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, DFX, M6; coils - 10DD, super 12, 10X12SEF, 6X10DD, 4X6DD, 950, 6DD...SpectraSound wireless headphones...Garrett Pro Pointer...Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I run the 10X12SEF and can second what treasurehound said....it goes deep and separates extremely well for its size.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I run the 10X12SEF and can second what treasurehound said....it goes deep and separates extremely well for its size.

Do you use it on your V3i Jim? If you do how is it working on the V3i cause that's a coil that I've had my eyes on for a while now. I see on Kellyco's website they claim it's now made to work good on the V3i too ???

Jim in PA

Greenie
Oct 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, DFX, M6; coils - 10DD, super 12, 10X12SEF, 6X10DD, 4X6DD, 950, 6DD...SpectraSound wireless headphones...Garrett Pro Pointer...Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you use it on your V3i Jim? If you do how is it working on the V3i cause that's a coil that I've had my eyes on for a while now. I see on Kellyco's website they claim it's now made to work good on the V3i too ???

Yes Giant, use it on the V3i with no problems: RXgain 15 with boost on and no overload. It is one of the older black ones too.
I would compare it to the 10DD but it has a little more ground coverage and goes at least as deep

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread