Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Has anyone used the coil weight that Anderson makes for the whites pi df? i just bought a whites pi df and also bought the blue anderson shaft, detector stand and coil weight. Waiting for it all to arrive in the mail. Just wondering of anyone has used it in the surf.
Cheers,
Dan

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a sand filled sock which you can remove for above water searching. Them floating coils are hard to hold down for a long time.

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
That seems smart cause it is quicker to take a sock off once you get out of water, yea? The method i use alot is starting on dry sand dragging scoop behind me, i slowly detect walking into water and once i get to the 1st sand bar and turn around and start detecting back toward the beach i can see where i was looking at the scoop mark on shore. I use that pattern alot so maybe I'll look into using something other than zip ties on the anderson wieght.

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Sandman, what kind of batteries does the whites pi df use? I will be getting one soon. i see it uses 8 AA. Do u use alkaline or the high end batteries? I forget what they r called.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It just blows my mind that they aren't supplying those with the zero-B coils they used to offer.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I use eneloops AA rechargable batteries on mine and they work just fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread