For those wondering if the Mxt and M6 are the same

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i just spoke to one of Whites Big wigs and was told that yes they use the same circuit board aka motherboard and have the same software for coin and jewelry mode. So yes they are the exact same machine. Minus the Prospecting mode and relic mode. For those who were arguing the Mxt is better for the purposes of coin and jewlrey or where wondering if they were the same machine.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a threshold on the MXT which makes it a pick up a little deeper on targets and also there's an alternate mode in relic or pull tab notch in coin and jewelry which you don't have on the M6. There's probably lots of detectors that start with the same board with different components installed is dependent on which detector they are making, also theres alot of people that use the relic mode on the MXT for coin hunting. HH

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull tab notch you wouldnt want anyway because youd miss rings and there is a threshold adjustment on the M6 inside. If you really wanted thresh. M6 has a tone hunting mode regular mxt doesnt. Dont relic hunt and use my dfx for coins. In my opinion the Dfx is a better coin machine than the Mxt or M6 and has a much better id system the signagraph. But depth goes to the M6 or Mxt. For gold jewlery its a toss up.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A threshold detector and silent detector even with the same circuitboard will not perform the same simply because the silent targets won't be heard and they're usually the deep ones. I wouldn't be happy with a detector without a threshold because the really faint sounds are usually what I'm hunting for. With a silent hunter like the M6 you won't hear some of the really faint signals like you will with the MXT. If you're not familiar with the MXT the book written about it by Jeff Foster I've heard is a really good read however I learned mine from experience rather than reading about it. Basically the iffy deep targets will be silent with the M6 where with the MXT they will be heard. Once you have learned the MXT and understand it you'll be surprised, they are super popular for hunting CW relics because of the great depths achieved even in trashy areas because they do have a very fast recovery speed.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont mind the silent threshold on the M6 its nice. Even though there might be a slight advantage on the mxt on deeper targets. But i could always open the box and turn on the threshold if i really wanted to .But to me the M6 is plenty deep in fact a bit too deep at times. As far as recovery speed there the same. I also have another silent threshold detector a Bounty hunter tracker IV and it out performs Manny threshold detectors Ive used. Sometimes silent threshold detectors can be better than threshold detectors depending on the design of the machine frequency etc.

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would have to open up the box on the M6 to adjust the threshold everytime you would use a different sensivetivity setting on the M6, as you don't have a threshold adjustment on the outside of the M6 box.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No actually once you set the threshold to a minimum it stays and shoukd work pretty well

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just set it were you want snd it stays there. No need to change it after. I never do on my xterra or dfx and manny machines have preset thresholds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread