Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Nov 2012
    34 times

dfx Sef coil

I have had my new 1012 sef coil out a couple of times since receiving it. It seems to be a winner, as I have noticed being able to pick out good targets close to trash. It seems to be a more clear signal on deeper targets as well. If the weather permits, I am going to take it out to a site tomorrow that has produced some old coins to see if I missed anything. I sure hope it lives up to the hype, so far I am satisfied.

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    david

Jan 2013
    Newark de
    fisher whites
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    good luck I want to get a whites Dfx for a while now can't wait I've been wanting to go detecting for a while

Nov 2012
    34 times
    It is a great detector. I have owned a few machines, and the dfx is my favorite. It has the preset programs when you are just starting out to get a feel for the machine, which is vital. It has many settings you can tweak and create your own program once you have more experience with it. I think if you get one you will be satisfied with it. My good finds have became more frequent since owning it.

us
    Aug 2009
    White's MXT300
    166 times
    The Detech 13" ultimate DD coil is pretty good as well seems to hit those deep on edge coins and give a good enough signal to dig and also separates very well for such a big coil.

Nov 2012
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by wingmaster View Post
    The Detech 13" ultimate DD coil is pretty good as well seems to hit those deep on edge coins and give a good enough signal to dig and also separates very well for such a big coil.
    I saw the 13"coil and started to get it. It was a little more than the 10x12 so I went with the 10x12. Plus I had seen good reviews on all of the sef coils, so i figured i couldnt go wrong with any of them. So far the 10x12 has been performing well but I still need some more time with it to give it a fair assessment. I found a 61 Rosie yesterday, so far so good .

That's good to know about the ultimate coil. You can never have too many coils. I may have to get one of those too in a few months lol.

us
    Aug 2008
    i have a DFX that i have used twice. i live in easton, md. if you are interested email me at targea@hotmail.com
    george

Charter Member
    us
    TOM

Dec 2012
    UPSTATE NEW YORK
    1970 COMPASS- WHITES SILVER EAGLE- FISHER F POINT- WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL- GARRETT PRO POINTER
    267 times
    MARJAM-----I just ordered a 10x12 sef butterfly coil from kellyco, im really looking foward to trying it out on my dfx---keep us posted on your progress , i might need some tips on the coil use & settings-----tom
    A BAD DAY OF DIGGING IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

Nov 2012
    34 times
    Hey digging440yrs, I am loving the new coil. It pinpoints right where the fiber bolt and nut mounts it to the lower fiber rod. And it is accurate in terms of depth. Just as accurate as the 950 coil, maybe a little better. One thing I have noticed is it seems to pickup emi a little more than the stock coils. If there are powerlines close to where you are hunting, it will go a littlle haywire at times. But you can turn down the pag and reduce ac sensitivity to combat it. It goes just as deep as the 950, some say it is deeper, but I havent had any targets yet that were deeper than what I found with the 950. It separates targets better because of its design. I have found coins in spots I had been over before with the other coils thinking I had got it all.

I think you will be pleased with your purchase.

Charter Member
    us
    TOM

Dec 2012
    UPSTATE NEW YORK
    1970 COMPASS- WHITES SILVER EAGLE- FISHER F POINT- WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL- GARRETT PRO POINTER
    267 times
    MARJAM----Turn down the PAG----you mean gain ?
    A BAD DAY OF DIGGING IS BETTER THEN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

Nov 2012
    34 times
    Yes pag I meant gain. I have had to load the preset coin program, run it in 3khz and turn vco on at certain sites. I did that yesterday and still found a dime at 7 inches. Experiement and see what works best for the area you are hunting.

Sponsors