dfx Sef coil

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I have had my new 10×12 sef coil out a couple of times since receiving it. It seems to be a winner, as I have noticed being able to pick out good targets close to trash. It seems to be a more clear signal on deeper targets as well. If the weather permits, I am going to take it out to a site tomorrow that has produced some old coins to see if I missed anything. I sure hope it lives up to the hype, so far I am satisfied.

david1968

Jan 4, 2013
Newark de
Detector(s) used
fisher whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck I want to get a whites Dfx for a while now can't wait I've been wanting to go detecting for a while

OP
OP
M

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
It is a great detector. I have owned a few machines, and the dfx is my favorite. It has the preset programs when you are just starting out to get a feel for the machine, which is vital. It has many settings you can tweak and create your own program once you have more experience with it. I think if you get one you will be satisfied with it. My good finds have became more frequent since owning it.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Detech 13" ultimate DD coil is pretty good as well seems to hit those deep on edge coins and give a good enough signal to dig and also separates very well for such a big coil.

OP
OP
M

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The Detech 13" ultimate DD coil is pretty good as well seems to hit those deep on edge coins and give a good enough signal to dig and also separates very well for such a big coil.

I saw the 13"coil and started to get it. It was a little more than the 10x12 so I went with the 10x12. Plus I had seen good reviews on all of the sef coils, so i figured i couldnt go wrong with any of them. So far the 10x12 has been performing well but I still need some more time with it to give it a fair assessment. I found a 61 Rosie yesterday, so far so good .

That's good to know about the ultimate coil. You can never have too many coils. I may have to get one of those too in a few months lol.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MARJAM-----I just ordered a 10x12 sef butterfly coil from kellyco, im really looking foward to trying it out on my dfx---keep us posted on your progress , i might need some tips on the coil use & settings-----tom

OP
OP
M

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Hey digging440yrs, I am loving the new coil. It pinpoints right where the fiber bolt and nut mounts it to the lower fiber rod. And it is accurate in terms of depth. Just as accurate as the 950 coil, maybe a little better. One thing I have noticed is it seems to pickup emi a little more than the stock coils. If there are powerlines close to where you are hunting, it will go a littlle haywire at times. But you can turn down the pag and reduce ac sensitivity to combat it. It goes just as deep as the 950, some say it is deeper, but I havent had any targets yet that were deeper than what I found with the 950. It separates targets better because of its design. I have found coins in spots I had been over before with the other coils thinking I had got it all.

I think you will be pleased with your purchase.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MARJAM----Turn down the PAG----you mean gain ?

OP
OP
M

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Yes pag I meant gain. I have had to load the preset coin program, run it in 3khz and turn vco on at certain sites. I did that yesterday and still found a dime at 7 inches. Experiement and see what works best for the area you are hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread