Stormrider51

Jul 21, 2010
Canyon Lake, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Banned from White's forum?

I'm just curious about this. I registered on the White's Electronics forum website and immediately got a message saying I had been banned as a spammer. I hadn't even tried to post yet. I used the "Contact Us" button to send a message asking what is going on and haven't heard anything back. All this happened several days ago. Has anyone else had this experience on the White's website?

Storm

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure you didn't use the G word LOL!

OP
OP
Stormrider51

Stormrider51

Jul 21, 2010
Canyon Lake, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The only G word I used was gmail.com. Hope they don't hold that against me. :icon_scratch: Whatever tagged me appears to be some sort of automatic system. Not hearing from them several days after I emailed about the problem does worry me a little. Glad I'm not having a detector problem.

Storm

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are better off here anyway. I abandoned that forum many years ago. You aren't allowed to mention other forums, or other detectors. You can't say anything bad about a White's detector without getting the boot. I was a die-hard White's user and I refused to continue as a member there.

OP
OP
Stormrider51

Stormrider51

Jul 21, 2010
Canyon Lake, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Jason, I don't doubt that at all. I happened across the forum after recently acquiring a White's DFX after many years of using another brand and figured being on the White's forum couldn't hurt. I was more than a little surprised when the message flashed on the screen telling me I was banned as a spammer and none of the buttons would work except for "Contact Us". So I did and haven't heard back from them.

Storm

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that is strange... anyway my personal experience is that this forum is one of the best out there. I have been banned from another forum just because I tried to help the fellow users that didn't have enough money to buy a long lasting battery for the whites detector, giving them a cheap solution to the problem. Well I went against some sponsor and got banned. Things that happen.

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its true that you cant talk about other machines on there and you cant buy/sell stuff (dont like that part), but then again, if you want a correct answer to your question, why ask on a generic forum? I have been a fan and have had Whites over 40 years and I will admit that I dont know anything about other companies, but I can say one thing for sure and from experience that Whites is FANTASTIC when it comes to customer service. I just got my V3i back from them and if there is any better company to deal with, I would love to know, but I bet there isnt.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the company has great customer service but they aren't the only ones. I really think anyone who doesn't try to learn about and use a variety of detectors is doing themselves a disservice. Any company that tries to prevent knowledge of other companies is seriously flawed. I used White's machines for 20 years. Once I moved to another brand I have never been happier.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, the company has great customer service but they aren't the only ones. I really think anyone who doesn't try to learn about and use a variety of detectors is doing themselves a disservice. Any company that tries to prevent knowledge of other companies is seriously flawed. I used White's machines for 20 years. Once I moved to another brand I have never been happier.
They're not trying to prevent knowledge of other brands. What they ARE doing is taking the position that since they are PAYING for that forum, they don't think it's smart business to allow discussion of other brands on it. Why would they use their money to discuss, and publicize other brands? That would be a great business model, right?
Jim

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do any other companies have their own forum ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked your IP, EMail & Name & non come up with anything
that suggests you may be a spammer. So it is not that

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe Minelab has their own forum.

Thanks. I just looked it up and it pretty much is the rules are pretty much the same as Whites except it has irritating banners. Im happy with a nice clean precise forum. Places like TN are for everything else.

OP
OP
Stormrider51

Stormrider51

Jul 21, 2010
Canyon Lake, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 440
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone, and especially VWandStudebaker, thanks for the help. I'm able to access the White's forum now.

Storm

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with Whites Forum, it is just orientated to what they sell, I am a whites user and they are very good at helping out. Just like anywhere else, abide by the rules of their forum and they can be very helpfull.
Ask any question, the Fox will be there to help you. Just my opinion.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the ..G word ? Garrett ?

You got it!
But...... Even though I own 3 Garrett's I am also a long time Whites 6000Di user and that forum has some pretty knowledgeable guys when it come to these detectors as well as any Whites model. And has already been said, you can't blame them for their stance as they are a business.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with Whites Forum, it is just orientated to what they sell, I am a whites user and they are very good at helping out. Just like anywhere else, abide by the rules of their forum and they can be very helpfull.
Ask any question, the Fox will be there to help you. Just my opinion.
if your running Whites machines its a great source of info and insight on there products,from the Whites factory to the Whites engineers helping out on any question you have on there products

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The White's forums are primarily to support White's products. Comparisons with and general discussions of other brands aren't allowed, as it often leads to parsing matches. Use independent forums for comparisons and comparative questions. I have asked our mods to allow people to mention other products, such as "When is White's going to release a pinpointer that works like Garrett's?", or "Please add flutie tones like Minelab uses."

You should also be allowed to mention other forums, and even link to them... this used to be banned when TNet hosted our forums, and TNet generally still bans cross-forum linking. You should also be allowed to criticize White's products, as long as it's constructive criticism and not overt bashing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread