New old stock V3

40ton

May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, new member here. I am looking to upgrade to a V3i but my local dealers have none. One even said a V what?? But one still does have a V3. I'm only hesitant to buy because this must have been on display for 3-4 years. It has a scratch on the screen. So my question are:
Should I be concerned about the battery being 3-4 years old?
What about the coil problems on these early V3's?
What be a good price to offer? He is asking 1400. seems a little high especially if I can get a new V3i for a hundred bucks more.
Thanks for all the info here , a great place to learn about the hobby.

ArizFlash

Sep 19, 2008
North Central WA
Detector(s) used
Whites - V3 i , MXT Pro, XLT, IDX
Fisher F70, Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would get the V3i for $100 more. You will also get $200 in Whites "Bonus Bucks" that you can use to get accessories like a different coil.

OP
OP
40ton

40ton

May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to call white' to see if it qualifies. Thanks for the tip.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll have to call white' to see if it qualifies. Thanks for the tip.

Please re-read his response! He said get the NEW V3i for the $100 more. You can find that on-line, most sponsors here....

OP
OP
40ton

40ton

May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get it. I meant to call whites to see if the v3 would qualify for the bonus bucks. The only way I would get the v3 is if I can talk the store owner down in price. Other wise v3i will be my new friend. Thanks

scott9050

Apr 8, 2013
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Teknetics Omega 8500
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $1295 for my V3i last week from my local dealer. I would not pay $1400 for a V3.

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better deals can be had and the V3 can be upgraded with the I software so it will be the same as a new one.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The screen is easily replaced, and as noted, an upgrade will cost 125.00. The components and batteries are already at least 3 years old. There's no way around that. Just because the unit hasn't been sold, doesn't make it "new", though it will have the two year warranty. The only way I'd consider that one is if the dealer came down below a thousand.

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to find another dealer. Unfortunately there are a few folk that sell metal detectors that have never used one. The V3i is a high end machine with many features. I would look online for V3i related material (there are a couple of good guides you can find online which explain many of the V3i features) so you can weed out the dealers who know their stuff vs the ones who sell them on the side.

OP
OP
40ton

40ton

May 5, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input. I am now the new owner of the old V3. I did the coil test and it checked out good. I got the "dealer" to compromise on his price so I bought it. 1100 with the wireless headphones out the door. I think that was fair as the upgrade would only cost shipping.
I called White's and they said the V3 qualifies for the bonus bucks as well and the machine still has a 2 year warranty.
I really think White's should have stricter guidelines for what they call a dealer, as the seller knew zero about metal detecting and the machines he is selling. He still had a first gen DFX on the rack. I asked him about the bullseye on the shelf and he actually had to blow the dust off the box !
But hey, I got my new toy. I think the price was fair, and I have the week off to do some hunting. Thanks

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every White's dealer answers to a regional manager. If you have a complaint that's the person to contact. They do not take complaints lightly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread