interference

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day I went out with my fellow hunting partner we sometimes compare vdi to each detector he uses a dfx & at the time I was using my Atpro now I upgraded to the v3i & seems like we have to holler at each other then if we do want to compare data from a hole 1 of us has to turn of a detector is there a fix besides turning off is it normal cuz both are whites ?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It doesn't matter if both are White's or any other brand as it depends on what frequencies they are both using. Being able to change operation frequencies saves a lot of cuss words.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duhh

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duhh ya know I didn't even think of that thanks sandman I should've know lol

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Create a program that only runs at 22.5 kHz. When the call to "come check this" is given, change to the "interference" program.

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day I went out with my fellow hunting partner we sometimes compare vdi to each detector he uses a dfx & at the time I was using my Atpro now I upgraded to the v3i & seems like we have to holler at each other then if we do want to compare data from a hole 1 of us has to turn of a detector is there a fix besides turning off is it normal cuz both are whites ?

On your v3i, under transmit frequency in your live controls. On the far right of the menu is frequency offset. Crank it up or down until it doesn't interfere with your friends detector. This same menu can be used in conjunction while pinpointing to deal with general emi as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks freemind really gonna b helpful on the next hunt thanks for the reply

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread