From the DFX to the MXT Pro?

OP
OP
R

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just added a SEF 10x12 and it's a lot different than the 6x10DD for sure. Seems a bit more sensitive. I was out in my test garden the other night and had to lower some settings to make the DFX run smoother. Haven't had a chance to really get out and see what it can do yet. I'm still looking for a 6x8 SEF to add to my arsenal, too.

I did get out to a church yard over the weekend with the 6x10DD and 2 nights worth of digging yielded me a small ziplock bag full of coins, some other items and a small ring. I'm very happy with the DFX.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just added a SEF 10x12 and it's a lot different than the 6x10DD for sure. Seems a bit more sensitive. I was out in my test garden the other night and had to lower some settings to make the DFX run smoother. Haven't had a chance to really get out and see what it can do yet. I'm still looking for a 6x8 SEF to add to my arsenal, too.

I did get out to a church yard over the weekend with the 6x10DD and 2 nights worth of digging yielded me a small ziplock bag full of coins, some other items and a small ring. I'm very happy with the DFX.

Ur hooked buddy lol soon it'll be nothin but the sef coils there the only ones I run now they are more sensitive,& the 10x12 is the main one on my v3i I use I can actually work on a power line no problem lot better not sure on the 6x10dd never tried the 6x8 has really good balance separates unbelievably well goes very deep to on my v almost as deep as the 9.5 eclipse coil, I also bust out the big dog 10x15 looks like monster & its got crazy depth

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DFX is a great all around machine, mxt pro is a good relic machine. I own the DFX and absolutely love it. The DFX is a multi tone machine the mxt pro is a 1 tone machine except in relic mode. But the DFX can also be a 1 tone machine. I just prefer the DFX over the mxt pro, but both are awesome machines.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why do you people keep saying the mxt pro is a turn on and go machine and the DFX isn't!! The DFX has pre loaded programs that are great, they are just a little weak so the will work anywhere. I use the coin mode and turn up the ac, turn on vco, turn on modulation sometimes, and turn on tone I'd. I have found a lot of items with the DFX with these settings. Go to YouTube and watch my channel to see what I'm finding, just type KSHOLLYWOOD in the search bar.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DFX is a great all around machine, mxt pro is a good relic machine. I own the DFX and absolutely love it. The DFX is a multi tone machine the mxt pro is a 1 tone machine except in relic mode. But the DFX can also be a 1 tone machine.
No! It's seven tones in coin & jewelry mode.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I never used anything but one tone, next time I borrow it I'll change some settings

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My friend that has the mxt pro says his is only one tone. Is there something he and I are missing. I haven't used it much and it's new to him also.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
I bought my DFX300 in 2008 and have the 12", 6x10, 10"DD, and ended up getting the SEF10x12 and never take it off. I hunt in Corralate and never change my settings anymore.
I will turn on Mixed Mode in cleaner ground as it really helps bring out the Tone ID on the deep ones. PM me for my progam if ya like. The next best thing to digging deep coins is
when my Etrac buddies come up to me saying, "Next time you get a deep signal, call me over so I can scan it and hear what your hearing".. The most important aspect I have found in running a DFX is proper air & ground balancing and air testing distance prior to any hunting. I will continue to check that every now and then while hunting. I wear a 1906 Barber half coin ring, and if it dosent air test at 14-16", I will re-balance again till it does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread