Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Whites MX5

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2013
    12 times

Whites MX5

I just noticed that kellyco is listing the MX5. Is described as a light weight weather proof (not water proof) detector. I havent seen this model before. As I am not familiar with this detector, I checked the whites web site and their forum and its not listed. Is this their new detectorCan anyone advise

us
    Tom

Jul 2012
    Mesa AZ
    White's V3I, M6, GMT, TDI SL, modified IDX Pro, Classic III, Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher F19.
    50 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It's basically an M6 in a new black GT configuration.
    39 Years detecting
    Past White's Dealer
    Current Arsenal: White's V3i, M6 x 2, Modified IDX Pro, Classic III, GMT, TDI SL, Minelab Sovereign GT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Fisher F19

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot

Jul 2010
    Watkins Glen N.Y. Finger Lakes Region,Beaver Dams N.Y.
    Teknetics Omega,EuroTek Pro Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Toltec ll, ,Gray Ghost Ultimate's,Depth Master Super Phones II,Garrett Pro Pointer,Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" 28" Lesche Ground Shark
    1098 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Slick View Post
    It's basically an M6 in a new black GT configuration.
    I went to Kellyco site and must have missed it ...but i guess i`m not missing much if that the case.
    Gary
    Sandman and liftloop like this.
    I`v been detecting for 45 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules
    NEL Hunter Coil 12 1/2" X 8 1/2"
    NEL Sharpshooter Coil 9 1/2" X 5 1/2"
    NEL Sharp Coil 5"
    ReadyShovel Holster

Jul 2013
    12 times
    Very disappointing. The last product that whites put out rhat showed innovation was the v3i. Have they run out of ideas?? With the ctx 3030 and the ATX you w ould think whites would be looking to compete with some new innovation. Dissapointed!
    liftloop likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2012
    Maryville, Tn
    99 times
    Looks like a great detector for someone that doesn't quite have the budget for an MXT Pro but kind of wants the performance of one. This looks like a simplified version of the MXT Pro with a touch pad instead of knobs and also has a coin mode and beach mode and even looks like it can handle the wet salt beach too! Great detector for the price!

Jul 2013
    12 times
    It over 600 bucks. Why not just buy a mxt pro for anothe 150$$. Sorry but its not water proof. Dont think it will do well in the surf. I just dont see what the market is for this detector. They went with a cheap plastic housing over metal, it wether resistant not water proof. And it replicates many of the features offered by exsisting models. And it is over 600 dollars. This really has me scratching my head. Oh and while im at it, why would whites release info to kellyco and not have any info on their web site or info put out thru thier forum. Very strange. Can someone explain ?
    DeepThought likes this.

Jul 2013
    12 times
    In all fairness. I have looked alittle further into whats out there regarding the mx5. I will say this. If it performs as good as the reviews say it does AND the weather proof control box will allow me to hunt in rain, then this might me the kind of back up to my V3i I have been looking for. I would love to do a head to head comparisons with the mx5 and the AT Pro whennit comes out.
    falconman515 likes this.

us
    Nov 2012
    Cincinnati Ohio
    White's V3i / Garrett AT Pro
    699 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    It looks like the mx5 would be better balanced with the batteries at the armcuff.

us
    Landlord Jim

Jul 2012
    Oakland County, Michigan
    V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
    57 times
    Metal Detecting
    Thats just like the Coinmaster GT.
    lem49 likes this.

DeepThought
    ....looks like a white elephant, more a Coinmaster GT with a few mods than it is a full replacement for the MXT. Some of the MXT functionality just isn't there. Of course were it on the Whites website we would have more information than just what KellyCo says (a major point to me, here). And define water resistant in comparison to the CGT hardware, then the limit.

Jul 2013
    12 times
    I dont understand why whites would not release info regarding the mx5. Its not on their site nor is it in their forum. Im a whites owner( v3i and a tin of asessories)really like their priducts and customer service. That said, I dont understand what they r doing with this release. Im in the market for a back up detector so im going to give the MX 5 a good look. Keeping an open mind and will wait until its released to visit my local dealer and put it thru the paces.

us
    Relic Hunter & Raconteur Extraordinaire

Mar 2011
    Shenandoah Valley
    Garrett AT Pro, XP DEUS, Teknetics T2SE, Fisher 1266X, Garrett Propointer
    394 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I loved my MXT Pro, but the issue with it became the weight. It was simply too heavy to hunt all day with - at least for me. The AT Pro and T2SE are both so much lighter. Perhaps the plastic on the MX5 is also an attempt to offer a much lighter machine.
    "A land without ruins is a land without memories -- a land without memories is a land without history." ~ Rev. Abram Joseph Ryan, Poet Laureate of the Confederacy

Visit
    Old Virginia Blog

Proud great-great grandson of three Confederate soldiers: John Meredith Crutchfield who served with the 60th Virginia, Maurice Coffey, & John McGann who both served with the 51st Virginia. Grandpa Crutchfield and Grandpa Coffey were both wounded and both served time in Yankee prisons.

us
    Jun 2012
    Evensville, Tennessee
    Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
    1109 times
    Anxious to see how it really produces. Sure not gonna dog any product by a company as reputable as Whites until I get some real world experience with one, or get some feedback from some hunters I trust and believe to be objective. Think it is safe to say all of the companies have had a model or two that was a flop. Hope it is a homerun. We all need more detectors to put on our wish list..... ha ha
    Last edited by TNGUNS; Nov 10, 2013 at 07:13 PM.

us
    MRDETECTOR

Jun 2013
    TENN
    whites GT-Whites SurfMaster 11- field scope by Thomas Colorado gold sticks-crazy rod by J D Moore
    1 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    mx5 will be released in December

us
    Oct 2012
    Wisc
    Teknetics T2se, Fisher CZ-3D, Garrett At Pro, Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre Past machines...XP Deus, Vx3, MXT Pro, Outlaw, Vaq, E-Trac, Coinmaster Pro.
    810 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdetector View Post
    mx5 will be released in December
    lol! They've been out for a couple of months already!
    Remember...You are unique. Just like everyone else!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors