XLT Interference

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may have been getting ground interference. You have to adjust the AC sens to a point where the machine will not false when ground balanced.

Even though the programs are made for a certain machine, it doesn't mean the ground, or interference from wires depending on location, look overhead, is the same.

Sounds like your machine was falsing because of too mcuh AC sens, or gain. Back the AC sens down a few clicks at a time until you are running stable. You can check this by pulling the all-metal mode trigger and lowering your coil from hip height to the ground and not hearing a difference in the background threshold sound.

Hope this helps. Good luck
Ken

S

SouthCarolinaTeacher

Fireman,

Ken is right about backing it down, except with this program, you want to back down the Pre-Amp because on this type of program, the settings are 'reversed'. You'll want to back down the Preamp just a click or two on this certain program.

I use this program myself in East Tennessee and have found MANY relics.

Ian

MikeOregon

Nov 26, 2005
Detector(s) used
White's V3
Where is the Berserk Light program? I cannot get Google to find it for me.

Any help? I'd especially appreciate a link.

Thanks,

Mike

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know the porogramme myself but think its a version of my main hunting program where you use Pre Amp at maximum and make the detector stable by reducing AC sensitivity.
I normally have to start with AC at 50 and if conditions are not bad might be able to creep it up to 55.
Main advantage of maximum Pre Amp programmes is increased depth on silver and DC all metal is automatically boosted without the drawbacks of actually increasing DC sensitivity with the DC control.

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread