XLT Interference
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

GIT-ER-DONE

Mar 2006
    Middle Tennesse
    whites XLT

XLT Interference

I use a whites xlt yesterday I was hunting ground that was thawing out and I was using the berserk light program my detector was going crazy I did find a few bullets but it was very hard hunting if anyone has any feedback on this and I would deeply appreciate it thanks.

Kas
    beep beep.

Jan 2007
    none....wish I had them all back!
    13 times

Re: XLT Interference

You may have been getting ground interference. You have to adjust the AC sens to a point where the machine will not false when ground balanced.

Even though the programs are made for a certain machine, it doesn't mean the ground, or interference from wires depending on location, look overhead, is the same.

Sounds like your machine was falsing because of too mcuh AC sens, or gain. Back the AC sens down a few clicks at a time until you are running stable. You can check this by pulling the all-metal mode trigger and lowering your coil from hip height to the ground and not hearing a difference in the background threshold sound.

Hope this helps. Good luck
    Ken
    I'm the friend a friend would like to have.

SouthCarolinaTeacher

Fireman,

Ken is right about backing it down, except with this program, you want to back down the Pre-Amp because on this type of program, the settings are 'reversed'. You'll want to back down the Preamp just a click or two on this certain program.

I use this program myself in East Tennessee and have found MANY relics.

Ian

us
    Feb 2005
    On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by xltfireman
    I was using the berserk light program
    I've been using an XLT for 5 years and have never heard of this program. Can you post the recipe and basically what it's advantages are compared to standard programs?

JG
    "The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory"    (Paul Fix)

Nov 2005
    White's V3
    1 times

Where is the Berserk Light program? I cannot get Google to find it for me.

Any help? I'd especially appreciate a link.

Thanks,

Mike

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    154 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Don't know the porogramme myself but think its a version of my main hunting program where you use Pre Amp at maximum and make the detector stable by reducing AC sensitivity.
    I normally have to start with AC at 50 and if conditions are not bad might be able to creep it up to 55.
    Main advantage of maximum Pre Amp programmes is increased depth on silver and DC all metal is automatically boosted without the drawbacks of actually increasing DC sensitivity with the DC control.

Brian

us
    Dec 2007
    currently, Bullhead City, Mohave Valley, AZ
    1 times

And still no one knows for sure........
    Is there anywhere on here where programables are sorted by machine?
    Be kind today, tomorrow may be too late.<br /> Be considerate in what you say, for angels do walk among us.<br />    JamesErvin.blogspot.com

Sponsored Links