Deeper with DFX

InsearchOfGold

Feb 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
DFX..XLT..6000 Di Pro, V3i, MxSport
I am new to this forum but have been detecting for quite a few years with an XLT. Last fall I purchased a new DFX. I have a spot in the woods where in the late 1800 early 1900s there were clam bakes and dances. I have pulled 6 seated dimes, and quite a few barber and mercury dimes as well as two Barber halves. I am now finding it harder to locate any more coins but I know they are there.
My question is about depth with the dfx. I am in the process of reading Digging deeper w/DFX at this moment. I have been told by others that there is acid in the leaves that affect the ground. If this is true how much affect does it have on detecting? Also are there any others who have encountered this and what should I do with the DFX settings to counter this so I can find deeper targets. Thanks in advance for any help.

Skinny Puppy

Sep 14, 2006
Mt Carmel, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to www.dfxonly.com
Jeff Foster the author is on there often. You can post a question to him.
If you sign up they are having signup issues. Down below is a snipet from the website on that procedure.

If you would like to join this forum, you will have to email me directly ([email protected]). I apologize for the inconvenience, but the board is being attacked by some wacky site from Europe (and it makes no sense, because all their dummy memberships never get activated). The problem is that deleting the dummy memberships is a pain in the ass and this morning, they were joining at the rate of 20 times per minute. It takes me almost a minute to delete each one, so it will be easier to just have people who want to join contact me.

In your email, tell me what user name you want to use. I'll email you back a password that you can then change, along with the rest of the data in your profile.

Steve

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
VISCERAL said:
Go to www.dfxonly.com
Jeff Foster the author is on there often. You can post a question to him.
If you sign up they are having signup issues. Down below is a snipet from the website on that procedure.

If you would like to join this forum, you will have to email me directly ([email protected]). I apologize for the inconvenience, but the board is being attacked by some wacky site from Europe (and it makes no sense, because all their dummy memberships never get activated). The problem is that deleting the dummy memberships is a pain in the ass and this morning, they were joining at the rate of 20 times per minute. It takes me almost a minute to delete each one, so it will be easier to just have people who want to join contact me.

In your email, tell me what user name you want to use. I'll email you back a password that you can then change, along with the rest of the data in your profile.

Steve
Steve,
I e-mailed you a while back and nobody responded.

I'll try one more time. ;)

Ridley

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THe DFX is made to cancel out ground mineralzation. I've never had a problem with it.

Let us know what you find out.
HH
Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread