MXT pro on the blink again!

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went hunting today for an hour or so and thought it was very quiet. On the way out, there was a soda can laying on the surface and I ran the detector over it. NOTHING! No signal and nothing on the screen either. What the heck is going on..

I just got it back a month ago because it was doing the same thing. They could find nothing. I only used it once before today and I think it was working O.K.. I found some clad that day.

Now I have to send it back again. I am so upset. I love this machine. Before I send it back I will try it with the other coil. But, did that last time too. The batteries are new .

You know, I want a new one. It is only 9 mos. old and it is no fun to drive a long distance and then have to sit in the car while your friend detects. Lets see what they will do. It is expensive to ship it too. And this will be the second time.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
Well that totally sucks when u send it in send a note explaining ur troubles whites has good customer service im sure they will make it right even if they replace everything or maby call them gl

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me, I have no complaints about Whites's. They have been wonderful. I am just frustrated with this right now. I have used it constantly and love it. But now I don't trust it. Well, we will see. I am sending it back again and lets see what they say.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
Well best of luck hopefully they get it fixed this time so u can detect with confidence cheers

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send it back with a note explaining thoughts and feelings of the situation. Hopefully they will send you a new unit, no, don't hope, tell them that you want a new machine, can't hurt, jhar.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
Good idea I can't imagine having a 9 month old machine and sending it I twice rarely hear of those kind of problems but it does happen a new machine seems in order here gl

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAIT Before you send it back, check the batteries to see that they are installed correctly. Recheck the coil plug that a PIN isn't bent so it wouldn't make contact. If you are taking it out in this cold weather, that could be the problem with the touch pads or batteries being too cold.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
The one thing i can say about that is if you do not trust the detector now get rid of it and have them give you a new one….. My Garrett AT Pro was trouble to me from the start sent it back 3 times .. But after that i never trusted it again hardly used it for i did not trust it ,…. So i got rid of it…..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Keppy. I think I will attach a cinder block to mine and take it for a boat ride. I don't want someone else having trouble with it and still telling everyone what a great detector it is.:BangHead:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing to not do is when installing the battery pack is to have the control box vertical and let the battery pack drop in as the weight of the battery pack hitting the contacts can bend them and I've seen plenty of people doing it that way. You should slide the battery pack in the control box with the control box horizontal, that way the weight of the battery pack doesn't slam down on the contacts. HH

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I called them on Friday and had to leave a message. They did not call me back, so I boxed it up today and will send it out tomorrow. I am not happy with them right now. Lets see what happens.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...if I were you... which I'm not...but if I was I'd go over to the whiteselectronics.com forum and register, if not already and make myself known. There is a "talk to whites" section.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If theres anyone with a whites machine near you mayb you could also try a different coil perhaps one more thing to eliminate ya know

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the coil that it came with. I use the DD coil. When I sent it back last time they told me to send it with the coil that I am using. So I am assuming they checked the coil also? I hope the thing is not like my car. When I had a problem with it, it was fine at the dealers. I had to take it back several times until it finally showed a problem while it was there. Had to have back hatch replaced. Would be just my luck that it will work when they get it.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope your luck changes & its something just tiny or it just starts working normal for you. Could always be worse believe me on that least you got a warranty along with a great company that will take care of you no matter how many times you send it back & I'd keep sending it back till it comes back right who knows mayb they will just give ya a new one for all your trouble. Good luck

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I hope so. Shipping is 31.00. Twice I paid this. But with the coil and headphones I insured it for a thousand. $62.00 in shipping so far.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh I forgot about that I do hope they can figure it out for ya

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you are in NJ I assume you are sending it to the VA Service center at Centerville Electronics? Sent in my CM GT for what I (newbie) thought was a problem and apparently was just interference. However the Tech did call me and spent a lot of time asking questions and trying to recreate the problem. He also answered a lot of my questions that were unrelated to the issue but were specific to the CMGT. They were also very responsive to email when I first contacted them. Assuming you did send it there, give them a call 703-367-0837, that is from the caller ID when the tech called me not the main number. Unfortunate I don't recall his name but his boss is Bob Buttafusco who answered my emails about the problem I thought I had. It is a shame you didn't have a Cell phone with you that had a camera, a video of the problem uploaded to youtube could have proved helpful.

I know these 2 machines are very different but I have had times when the CM GT does something similar what yours has done. I had asked the tech about it, All of a sudden it goes silent. If I just stop and wait a second it then becomes normal. The tech said this was the machine ground balancing. It does happen most often after getting up after a dig and just moving without letting the machine get it bearings.. Probably not the same thing as what you are experiencing, as I assume yours does not recover and then work normally.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more suggestion to try - double check the battery alignment and the contacts in the box as has already been mentioned. Then, turn the machine on and pull the battery holder out without turning the detector off. Leave it out for several minutes, then put it back in. If there's any power going through the internals, that'll do a hard reset on the detector. This trick is often useful for other glitches and is easy to try, even if it fails.
luvsdux

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard nothing from them so I called them. She said it is on the way back to me. They replaced the main circuit board? Said it was tested and fine? Figured they would say that. Same as last time. When I get it will see what kind of note they put in it for me. I have a feeling they think it is me and not the machine. But I do have several people who can tell you that it was just not showing anything at all in any mode. Funny that when they get it they say it is working fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread