Eclipse DD 6 x 10" or EXcelerator 10x5" SEF WSS Coil

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Beaverton/Hillsboro Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 300 coil ( I think its just a renamed Super 12) on my MXT and it works well. I'm thinking about a new coil for better pinpointing and target separation. I was looking at the White's Eclipse DD 6 x 10" and the EXcelerator 10x5" SEF WSS Coil. Does anyone know if these are similar in performance? I have read a bit about the DD 6x10 and it sounds like a good match for the MXT but don't know anything about the 10x5. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MXT was designed around the 6x10 so that should tell ya something. I also hear good things about the SEF's but I just trust factory coils more.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The D2 is hands down the deepest coil and separates pretty good for being a big coil, I keep the D2 on my MXT 95% of the time and wouldn't want to be without one. HH

Johnnoh

Aug 30, 2008
RI
Detector(s) used
CTX, EQ-600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MXT was designed around the 6x10 so that should tell ya something. I also hear good things about the SEF's but I just trust factory coils more.

Before I got my V3i, I hunted 99% of the time with the 6x10 on my MXT - I've had some of my best finds with that setup on the beach. I also 2nd the suggestion to stick with factory coils. Whites replaced my 4x6 even though I bought it used and it was out of warranty. They gave me a new v rated coil in exchange for the failed non v rated one I had. I have heard a few tales of woe regarding SEF coil fail/ warranty issues on other forums.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 6X10 is my most used coil, haven't tried the Ex. Good coverage, not the deepest, but decent depth, and good separation in trashy areas.
luvsdux

OP
OP
Tim-MXT

Tim-MXT

Mar 9, 2014
Beaverton/Hillsboro Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, White's V3I, White's TRX Pinpointer, Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the advise all. I'll probably get the White's 6x10.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread